2018 Lexus GX Overview
Combining a powerful V8, rugged truck-like body-on-frame construction, and a highly luxurious interior, the 2018 Lexus GX offers the comfort of a luxury SUV with the ability to leave the pavement behind.
Not Sure About This? Well, make sure you get the SUV you want from Lexus’ lineup
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus GX?
For 2018, the Lexus GX carries over largely unchanged, with some minor changes in optional features.
2018 Lexus GX Photos:
2018 Lexus GX Exterior
The Lexus GX is one of those rare SUVs that is still constructed with traditional, truck-based, body-on-frame construction, lending it extra toughness and off-road ability. It comes standard with roof rails to compliment its towing abilities and cargo capacity, which underline its desire to leave the pavement behind.
2018 Lexus GX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460
- LED headlamps, LED taillights, Roof rails, Rear spoiler, Color-keyed running boards
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460 Premium
- LED fog lamps, Rain-sensing wipers, Retractable cargo-area tonneau cover
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460 Luxury
- Wide-view front and side monitor system, Available intelligent high-beam headlamps
2018 Lexus GX Performance
Each 2018 Lexus GX is powered by a 4.6-liter V8 engine, which churns out 301 hp and 329 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Lexus GX Efficiency
Using a six-speed automatic transmission, the 2018 GX delivers 15 mpg in the city, 18 mpg on the highway, and 16 mpg combined.
2018 Lexus GX Interior
The GX can seat up to seven passengers in three rows of seating, although the middle bench seat can be replaced with more spacious captain’s chairs which reduces that number to six. Leather seating is standard, and on higher trim levels the interior comes with three-zone automatic climate control, allowing back-seat passengers to decide on their own temperature.
2018 Lexus GX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460
- Power sunroof, 10-way power front seats, Available heated front seats, Height-adjustable headrests on all seats, Fold-flat 50/50-split third-row seats, NuLuxe leatherette upholstery, Dual-zone climate control with smog sensor, Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- Bluetooth® technology, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Lexus Premium Audio System, Voice command, Available Navigation system, Subscription-free traffic and weather, SmartAccess key fob, Nine speakers
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460 Premium
- Semi-aniline leather seating, Heated and ventilated front seats, Available heated second-row captain’s chairs
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Lexus Enform App Suite, Navigation system, Intuitive Parking Assist
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus GX 460 Luxury
- Power fold-flat third-row seats, Wood- and leather-trimmed heated steering wheel, Wood- and- leather-trimmed shift knob
- Dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system, Available 17-speaker Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio System
2018 Lexus GX Safety
The 2018 GX is fitted with the normal safety systems found on most vehicles, such as a 10-airbag system and power-assisted brakes, along with the extra control offered by full-time four-wheel drive. In higher trim levels, though, more advanced driver assist systems are added such as high-speed radar cruise control, Intuitive Parking Assist, and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus GX
- Four-wheel drive (4WD) with Active Traction Control
- 10-Airbag System
- Active front headrests
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Anti-Lock Brakes with Brake Assist
- Electric Brakeforce Distribution
- Trailer sway control
- Downhill Assist Control
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
Want More Power? Check out Lexus’ performance car lineup