2018 Lexus LX Overview
The 2018 Lexus LX is the largest SUV offered by the luxury automaker, powered by a huge V8 engine and filled with a multitude of premium features. It is only offered in two forms: the conventional, eight-passenger LX, and the five-passenger LX Two-Row.
More Lexus SUVs: Meet the new three-row version of the RX, the RXL
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus LX?
For 2018, the Lexus LX is just about the same as previous model years, except for the addition of a two-row version that eliminates the back-most row of seats for better cargo space.
2018 Lexus LX Photos:
2018 Lexus LX Exterior
The 2018 Lexus LX is the brand’s largest SUV, and is designed to cover driver needs on- and off-road using big 20- or 21-inch wheels. Style-wise, the LX prominently features the brand’s spindle grille, although the body style is boxier than in the smaller vehicles to offer the maximum interior space.
2018 Lexus LX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus LX 570
- 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, Illuminated Entry System, Roof Rails, Power open/close rear door, Illuminated running boards, Electrochromatic auto-dimming outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Triple-beam LED headlamps, Rain-sensing windshield wipers
2018 Lexus LX Performance
The 2018 Lexus LX comes with a single powertrain option: a 5.7-liter V8 engine, putting out 383 horsepower and 403 lb-ft of torque, giving the full-size SUV a 7,000-pound maximum towing capacity and a 0-60 mph time of just 7.3 seconds.
2018 Lexus LX Efficiency
Predictably, fuel efficiency is not the 2018 Lexus LX’s strong suit. It delivers 13 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway, for a combined 15 mpg. To compensate, the LX features a huge 24.6-gallon fuel tank, giving the SUV a total range of about 370 miles in combined driving.
2018 Lexus LX Interior
The Lexus LX benefits from Lexus’ interior luxuries, and so predictably is filled with premium features for the up to eight passengers (although this goes to five on the two-row version). A few highlights include a quad-zone climate control system, including a smog sensor, and a wide variety of infotainment features. Optional features are even more interesting (although not that numerous—most luxury features on the LX website are standard), including a center-console cool box and perforated leather interior trim.
2018 Lexus LX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus LX 570
- Steering-wheel-mounted technology controls, 14-way driver’s seat with dual-function lumbar support and 12-way passenger’s seat with memory, Four-zone climate control, Power-sliding 60/40-split folding middle-row seating, Power-folding 50/50-split third-row seat, Wood trim
- Navigation System with 12.3-inch display, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Lexus Enform App Suite, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Siri® Eyes Free, Lexus Enform Remote Connectivity, Fuel Guide, Sports and Stocks, Remote Touch, HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® Voice Command, Bluetooth® audio connectivity, SmartAccess, 120V CA power outlet, Intuitive Parking Assist
2018 Lexus LX Safety
The Lexus LX comes standard with the brand’s Lexus Safety System+, which includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, Lane Departure Alert, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps. The LX also offers systems to enhance its off-road maneuverability like Crawl Control, which maintains a steady, slow pace over challenging terrain.
Then, the LX comes with a number of features to enhance driver vision, like a Panoramic View monitor, which shows the surroundings on all sides of the LX, and Intuitive Parking Assist, which use sound a visible displays to warn the driver of potential hazards while parking.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus LX
- Lexus Safety System+
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Crawl Control with Turn Assist
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Trailer Sway Control
- Four-wheel ventilated disc brakes
- 10-airbag system
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Smart Stop technology
More Lexus: Check out the whole Lexus lineup here