2018 Lexus RC Overview
The Lexus RC has long stood as a good-looking performance coupe, and for 2018 it has come back better than before, with an upgraded engine line and all the luxury that the brand can put forward.
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus RC?
For 2018, what had previously been the RC 200t has become the RC 300, while the V6 engine previously under the 300’s hood has been pushing under the 300 AWD models. Then, the RC 350 trim level has received a small power boost from 306 hp to 311 hp. In addition, the RC can now be optionally equipped with a 10.3-inch navigation screen and comes with a 3-year Scout GPS link subscription as standard equipment.
2018 Lexus RC Photos:
2018 Lexus RC Exterior
The 2018 Lexus RC is designed to be a sports car, and its exterior reflects this, with a low roof and swooping lines creating a swift-looking coupe. This look is enhanced in the F SPORT models with the addition of a better-looking grille and striking wheels.
2018 Lexus RC Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus RC 300 and 350
- Illuminated door handles, LED tail lamps, LED headlamps and daytime running lights
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus RC 300 F SPORT and 350 F SPORT
- Adaptive Variable Suspension, F SPORT front fascia, Electrochomatic outside mirrors, F SPORT 19-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels,
2018 Lexus RC Performance
The 2018 RC comes with one of three engines: one turbocharged four-cylinder and two V6s.
The first of those three comes on the rear-wheel-drive RC 300 trims (both regular and F SPORT), and is a 2.0-liter turbo in-line four-cylinder producing 241 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque.
Above that in the RC 300 AWD trims is a 3.5-liter V6 that makes 260 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque, and at the top in all RC 350 trims is a more powerful 3.5-liter V6 that makes 311 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque.
Performance is enhanced in F SPORT models by the addition of numerous F-SPORT-tuned suspension components to create a better driving feel under more strenuous conditions.
2018 Lexus RC Efficiency
The Lexus RC’s fuel efficiency varies depending on engine and whether it is rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
All models with turbocharged four-cylinders (RC 300 trims) are rear-wheel drive with an eight-speed transmission, and deliver 22 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway, and 26 mpg combined. All those with the next-level-up V6 (RC 300 AWD trims) are all-wheel drive models with six-speed automatic transmissions, delivering 18 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined.
Finally, models with the top V6 engine (RC 350 models) are divided into rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models. Rear-wheel-drive models come paired with an eight-speed transmission and produce 20 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 23 mpg combined. All-wheel-drive models come with six-speed transmission and deliver 18 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined.
2018 Lexus RC Interior
Each 2018 RC’s interior is decked out in comfortable materials and handy technology, and comes with a wide variety of optional extras – for example, the standard NuLuxe seat trim can be replaced with perforated leather. However, as you rise up the trim list, the number of luxurious features increases, with the addition of heated and ventilated seats, as well as a heated steering wheel.
2018 Lexus RC Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus RC 300 and 350
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop, Paddle shifters, Drive Mode Select, Dual-zone climate control, NuLuxe interior trim, Tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Power-adjustable front seats and 60/40-split fold-down rear seats, Heated front seats (AWD), Lexus Display Audio with color multimedia display and Scout® GPS Link with MapStream™ and TurnStream™, Backup camera, Lexus 10-speaker Premium Sound System, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, Subscription-free traffic and weather updates via HD Radio, Voice command with Bluetooth and USB smartphone connectivity, Siri® Eyes Free, Lexus Enform Safety Connect and Service Connect, Lexus Enform Remote app, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi, Electrochromatic inside mirror, Ambient lighting, USB-equipped center console
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus RC 300 F SPORT and 350 F SPORT
- Heated and ventilated front seats, F SPORT seats with enhanced bolsters, LFA-inspired instrumentation with G-force monitor, Turbo-boost gauge (RC 300), F SPORT interior details, Perforated leather–trimmed shift knob and steering wheel with F SPORT logo, Stainless-steel door sills, Heated steering wheel (AWD), Lexus Memory System, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Active sound control
2018 Lexus RC Safety
The 2018 Lexus RC comes fully stocked with safety features that we have come to expect from modern automakers, including four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, a traction control system, air bags, and a frame designed to redirect impact force. In addition, though, the RC comes, as standard equipment, with a number of more advanced systems as a backup camera with dynamic gridlines, automatic high-beam headlights, high-speed radar cruise control, a lane-departure alert and adjustment system, and a pre-collision warning and automatic braking system.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus RC
- Lexus Safety System+
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Rigid body structure with crumple zones
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Eight-airbag system
- Smart Stop technology
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
Taking Care of Business: Follow these maintenance tips to keep your car running longer