2018 Nissan 370Z Coupe & Roadster Overviews
In all honesty, the 370Z is why we like Nissan. Sure, its electric LEAF is practical and its many sedans are dependable, but only the 370Z is truly likable. A stark departure from the rest of the brand’s humdrum lineup, the uniquely styled and athletically equipped 370Z has kept the brand invigorated for almost a decade. Hopefully it doesn’t disappear anytime soon…
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Nissan 370Z?
Nissan continues to offer the 370Z in two body types this year: the hard-top Coupe and the convertible Roadster. The 2018 Nissan 370Z Coupe is offered in six trim levels: 370Z, Heritage Edition, Sport, Sport Tech, Touring, and NISMO Tech. Meanwhile, the 2018 Nissan 370Z Roadster is offered in three trim levels: 370Z, 370Z Touring, and 370Z Touring Sport.
2018 brings a number of changes to the 370Z , both in appearance tweaks and added features. The base price remains the same, but all versions of the 370Z receive a black rear bumper diffuser, plus darkened headlight clusters and taillights. A Passion Red body paint is also available.
The Coupe version adds a Sport trim that boasts many enviable features, like 19-inch RAYS alloy wheels, a BOSE sound system, front and rear spoilers, a limited-slip differential, and heated outside mirrors. The Heritage Edition is also a new option for the Coupe, honoring 50 years of Z models. The NISMO Tech trim gets a NISMO-tuned engine that adds extra horsepower, Dunlop high-performance tires, EXEDY clutch, and better aerodynamics.
2018 Nissan 370Z Exterior
The exterior of the 370Z has many design traits that make it stand out, from its arrowhead headlamps to its vertical door handles. Its raised rear end and wide grille give the sports car an appearance that’s eager for racing. Buyers can further accessorize their 370Z with add-ons like a rear decklid spoiler, illuminated kick plates, and a NISMO Cat-Back exhaust system.
Exterior paints for the 2018 370Z are bold and bodacious, ranging from the hot new Passion Red to the cool Gun Metallic to the classically hued Chicane Yellow.
2018 Nissan 370Z Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Nissan 370Z Coupe
- Base Trim: 18-inch black-finish aluminum-alloy wheels, Automatic on/off headlights, High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights with smoked housing, LED Daytime Running Lights, Smoked LED taillights, Z® fender emblems, Smoked chrome door handles, Body-color dual power outside mirrors, Dual exhaust finishers
- Heritage Edition: Heritage Edition unique exterior graphics
- Sport Trim: 19-inch RAYS® forged alloy wheels, LED illuminated Z® side marker emblems, Front chin aero deflector, Body-color rear spoiler, Body-color dual power heated outside mirrors
- Sport Tech Trim: No change
- Touring Trim: Vented front and rear discs, 18-inch black-finish aluminum-alloy wheels,
- NISMO Tech Trim: NISMO®-tuned dual exhaust with H-pipe configuration, NISMO-tuned suspension, NISMO front and rear performance chassis dampers, NISMO reinforced 3-point front strut tower brace, 19-inch NISMO forged allow wheels by RAYS®, NISMO aerodynamic body design
Exterior features available on the 2018 Nissan 370z Roadster
- Base Trim: 18-inch black-finish aluminum-alloy wheels, Bridgestone® Potenza® RE050A high-performance tires, Tire repair kit, Automatic on/off headlights, HID bi-functional xenon headlights with smoked housing, LED Daytime Running Lights, Smoked LED taillights, Z® fender emblems, Smoked chrome door handles, Dual power heated outside mirrors, One-touch trunk release, UV-reducing solar glass, Rear window defroster, Power convertible soft-top with glass window, Rear glass wind deflector, Power moving tonneau cover, Variable intermittent flat-blade windshield wipers
- Touring Trim: LED illuminated Z side marker emblems
- Touring Sport Trim: 19-inch RAYS® forged alloy wheels, Bridgestone® Potenza® S007 high-performance tires
2018 Nissan 370Z Performance
The standard engine on both the Coupe and the Roadster 370Z is a 3.7-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 aluminum-alloy unit that’s paired to a seven-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission (or an available six-speed manual, if that’s what you’d prefer). This feisty block has a maximum speed of 7,500 RPM and a 0-to-60-mph-time of just over 5 seconds. It’s as powerful as it is fast, bearing 332 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The NISMO-tuned version of the V6 gets slightly better performance at 350 horsepower and 276 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Nissan 370Z Efficiency
For being an impressively boisterous and break-neck machine, the Nissan 370Z manages to maintain moderate fuel efficiency rates. According to EPA estimates, the Coupe version averages 18 mpg city driving and 26 mpg highway driving, while the Roadster gets 25 mpg on the highway. Thanks to the car’s 19-gallon fuel tank, you can do a lot of driving on the track or highway without having to stop for refills.
2018 Nissan 370z Interior
This two-seater isn’t for transporting your kids. In fact, your kids probably couldn’t even handle riding in this ferocious vehicle. The walls of the 370Z tightly barricade you in its cabin and present you with the controls to operate the rambunctious mechanical beast. Sleek interior touches like leather upholstery and track-style displays will make you feel like you’re piloting a vehicle from the future.
2018 Nissan 370z Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Nissan 370z Coupe
- Base Trim: Automatic Temperature Control with in-cabin microfilter, Upshift indicator light, Eight-way manual driver’s seat, Driver-shaped bucket seat with thigh support, Four-way manual passenger’s bucket seat, Driver and passenger side knee support, Cloth seat trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with illuminated controls, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped parking-brake lever, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, Remote windows down, Key-operated front windows up/down, 12-volt DC power outlets, AM/FM/CD audio system, Six speakers, MP3/WMA CD playback capability, Auxiliary audio input jack, USB port
- Heritage Edition: Cloth seats with contrast yellow trim and bolster stitching, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with yellow trim, Leather-wrapped shift knob with yellow trim, Heritage Edition yellow interior trim details
- Sport Trim: Bose® Premium Audio System with eight speakers, including dual subwoofers; Active Noise Cancellation; Active Sound Enhancement ; MP3/WMA CD playback capability
- Sport Tech Trim: Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with 7-inch VGA touch-screen monitor and voice recognition, NavTraffic® and NavWeather® with 3-month trial subscription provided by SiriusXM®, RearView Monitor, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription, DVD video playback capability, Auxiliary audio/video input jacks, Bluetooth® streaming audio, Speed-sensitive volume control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Touring Trim: Rear cargo cover, Driver’s manual lumbar support, Power seats, Heated seats, Leather-appointed sport seats with synthetic suede inserts, Synthetic suede door panel inserts, Aluminum-trimmed pedals
- NISMO Tech Trim: Upshift indicator light, NISMO® tachometer, NISMO Recaro® leather-appointed seats with Alcantara® inserts, NISMO Alcantara®/leather-wrapped steering wheel, NISMO smooth leather-wrapped shift knob, NISMO signature red interior stitching
Interior features available on the 2018 Nissan 370z Roadster
- Base Trim: Automatic Temperature Control with in-cabin microfilter, Three-bay gauge cluster, Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges with multi-function drive computer, Power windows with one-touch auto-up/down and auto-reverse, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, Key-operated front windows up/down, 12-volt DC power outlets (two), Tilt steering column with integrated gauges, Parcel box and shelves, Eight-way manual driver’s bucket seat with thigh and lumbar support, Four-way manual passenger’s bucket seat, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped parking brake lever, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Six speakers, AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA playback capability, USB port, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Touring Trim: HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power-adjustable climate-controlled seats in ventilated leather appointment, Synthetic suede door panel inserts, Aluminum-trimmed pedals, Nissan hard Drive Navigation System with 7-inch VGA touchscreen monitor and voice recognition, NavTraffic® and NavWeather® with three-month trial subscription via SiriusXM®, RearView Monitor, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription, Bose® Premium Audio System with eight speakers and dual subwoofers, DVD video playback capability, Auxiliary audio/video input jacks, Bluetooth® streaming audio, Radio Data System, Speed-sensitive volume control
- Touring Sport Trim: No change
2018 Nissan 370z Safety
The 370Z has not been evaluated for crash results in many years, as the sports car is not one of the brand’s high-volume sellers and thus hasn’t received a full safety evaluation in quite some time. In spite of this, the 370Z has had few complaints made against it and still has a reputation for being reliable thanks to protective body engineering and driving features.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Nissan 370z Coupe & Roadster
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage supplemental front air bags
- Driver and passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control with Traction Control System
- Seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Three-point ALR/ELR passenger seatbelt system (ELR for driver)
- Active Head Restraints
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- High-strength side-door guard beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System