2019 Lexus ES Overview
The Lexus ES is a name that has carried on with the brand for many years, and for the 2019 model year received a new breath of life with a complete redesign. This new model is the seventh generation of the luxury sedan.
More Lexus Luxury: Explore the full-size premium sedan, the Lexus LS
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 Lexus ES?
For 2019, Lexus completely revamped the ES sedan, bringing it into a whole new generation of vehicles. The changes for the new model touch on every aspect of the vehicle, but there are a few high points.
First among these is a new platform: the Global Architecture-K platform. This makes the ES longer, lower, and wider, with wheels pushed further to the corners. Similarly, the 2019 ES has new looks all around.
In addition, the 2019 ES now features an F Sport version, the first in the nameplate’s history, along with updated versions of a 3.5-liter V6 (with boosted power and efficiency) and the brand’s Hybrid Drive System.
The interior now conforms to the latest Lexus design philosophy of “Seat in Control,” which places all controls you might need to reach at hand from the moment you sit down, and puts all important information in plain view.
2019 Lexus ES Photos:
2019 Lexus ES Exterior
The 2019 ES features a long, low hood line, starting from the latest version of the brand’s spindle grille and slim headlamps. The design makes liberal use of a repeating “L”-shaped motif, particularly in the lighting elements and the grille.
2019 Lexus ES Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350
- 17-inch split-10-spoke alloy wheels, LED taillamps
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 Luxury
- Rain-sensing wipers
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury
- Power open/close trunk with kick sensor, Power rear sunshade with manual rear-door sunshades, Lateral performance dampers
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 F Sport
- F SPORT badging, F SPORT signature upper and lower grill inserts, 19-inch split-10-spoke alloy wheels with dark graphite and machined finish, Rear spoiler, F-SPORT exterior styling
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 300h
- Bi-LED headlamps, LED taillamps, Power moonroof, Tinted glass, 17-inch split-10-spoke alloy wheels with dark silver and machined finish, Available 18-inch split-10-spoke alloy wheels with dark silver and machined finish, Available 18-inch split-five-spoke alloy noise-reduction wheels with high-gloss finish, Available Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps, Available power open/close trunk with kick sensor
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 300h Luxury
- Rain-sensing wipers
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES Ultra Luxury
- Power open/close trunk with kick sensor, Power rear sunshade with manual rear-door sunshades
2019 Lexus ES Performance
Depending on the version, the 2019 ES comes with one of two powertrains. The first, standard on the ES 350 models, uses a 3.5-liter V6 engine to produce 302 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. The second, from all ES 300h models, combines a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with a hybrid motor system to produce 215 total system horsepower and 163 lb-ft of engine torque.
2019 Lexus ES Efficiency
The 2019 Lexus ES delivers 22 mpg in the city, 33 mpg on the highway, and 26 mpg combined when equipped with the 3.5-liter V6. There is one exception to this, though, in the F Sport mode, which only gets 31 mpg on the highway, and so gets 25 mpg combined. The hybrid models of the ES across the board deliver 43 mpg in the city, 45 mpg on the highway, and 44 mpg combined.
2019 Lexus ES Interior
The 2019 ES features changes to both the front and rear seats. In the front, Lexus arranged the controls and instruments to be as close to hand as possible without distracting the driver. In the rear, the ES holds onto its reputation for back-seat comfort by preserving its expansive size despite the new lower roofline.
2019 Lexus ES Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350
- Drive Mode Select, Illuminated Entry System, Dual-zone climate control with smog sensor
- Amazon Alexa®, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi™, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Lexus Enform Remote®, Lexus Enform Service Connect, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, SmartAccess key fob, Smart Stop Technology
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 Luxury
- Heated and ventilated front seats, Lexus Memory System, Driver’s seat power cushion extender, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, 14-way power driver’s seat, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, Wood trim with ambient lighting
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury
- Semi-aniline perforated leather-trimmed interior
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 350 F Sport
- Custom Drive Mode, SPORT S+ Driving Mode, F SPORT bolstered heated and ventilated front seats, LFA-inspired digital instrumentation, LC-inspired sport steering wheel, Aluminum pedals, Leather-trimmed heated steering wheel, Leather-trimmed shift knob, Exclusive F SPORT interior
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 300h
- Dual-zone climate control with interior air filters, smog sensor, and automatic recirculation mode; Perforated NuLuxe® interior trim; 10-way power-adjustable front seats; Paddle shifters; Drive Mode Select; Leather-trimmed steering wheel; Steering wheel-mounted controls; Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjustment; Multi-adjustable power driver and passenger seats; Day/night electrochromic rearview mirror; Available heated front seats; Available Premium Package; Available wood trim; Available wood-and-leather-trimmed steering wheel; Available heated steering wheel with windshield wiper de-icer and fast-response interior heater; Available power rear sunshade with manual rear-door sunshades
- Lexus Multimedia System, 8-inch color display, Color LCD multi-information display, Scout® GPS Link with MapStream™ and TurnStream™ modes, 10-speaker premium sound system, Lexus Enform Remote app, Amazon Alexa integration, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi with one-year trial, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Apple CarPlay™, Bluetooth®, Subscription-free traffic and weather via HD Radio™, Voice Command, Siri Eyes Free, Smart Access with push-button start/stop, Auxiliary input jack, Telematic system, Delayed power retention system, HomeLink® universal garage door opener, Available navigation system with 12.3-inch display, Available Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Available Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking, Available Rear Pedestrian Detection, Available Panoramic View Monitor, Available Mark Levinson® 17-speaker PurePlay Premium Surround Sound Audio System, Available wireless charger, Available Head-Up Display, Available Dynamic Voice Command
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 300h Luxury
- Lexus Memory System, Driver’s seat power cushion extender, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats, 12-way power-adjustable front seats, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, Wood trim with ambient lighting
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus ES 300h Ultra Luxury
- 14-way power-adjustable front seats
2019 Lexus ES Safety
The 2019 Lexus ES’s most prominent safety innovation is the standard Lexus Safety System+ 2.0, which gives it a range of advanced active safety and driver-assist systems. This includes a Pre-Collision System that detects vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians, and can help automatically brake to a stop.
The LSS+ 2.0 also adds Line Tracing Assist to help the vehicle remain centered in lane while using All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Land Departure Alert with Steering Assist to warn the driver of accidental drifting, Intelligent High Beams that deactivate when it detects oncoming traffic, and Road Sign Assist that reads passing signs and displays that critical information on the instrument panel or available Head-Up Display.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Lexus ES
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Lexus Safety System+ 2.0
- 10-airbag system
- Whiplash injury lessening front seatbacks
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Rigid body structure with crumple zones
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Traction Control
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Direct tire pressure monitor system
Just Graduated? Lexus has a deal for you
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.