2016 Acura MDX Overview
The 2016 Acura MDX is a luxury crossover SUV featuring a starting MSRP of just $42,865. With great available safety features, respectable fuel economy, and a capable engine, the 2016 MDX model is sure to continue its role as one of Acura’s best-selling vehicles.
The 2016 Acura MDX comes with front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options in five trim levels: MDX, Technology Package, Technology and Entertainment Package, Advance Package, and Advance and Entertainment Package.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Acura MDX?
The 2016 Acura MDX features a new nine-speed automatic transmission and it also sports a newly designed all-wheel drive system to improve the vehicle’s safety and handling. In addition, the 2016 Acura MDX offers a new suite of safety features called AcuraWatch, which are available across all MDX models. AcuraWatch includes advanced safety features such as a lane departure warning, blind spot warning, and a road departure mitigation system.
2016 Acura MDX Photos:
2016 Acura MDX Exterior
The exterior design of the 2016 Acura MDX is highlighted by Jewel Eye headlights, which are definitely eye catching to say the least. Standard features for the 2016 MDX include both a sunroof and 18-inch wheels. Exterior color options for the 2016 Acura MDX include Lunar Silver Metallic, Dark Cherry Pearl, White Diamond Pearl, Crystal Black pearl, and Graphite Luster Metallic.
2016 Acura MDX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX
- Jewel Eye LED headlights, Speed sensitive wipers, LED taillights, Side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Power moonroof, Remote-linked power tailgate, Acoustic windshield and front side glass, 18-inch alloy wheels
Exterior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on MDX: LED puddle lights, Rear door smart entry, 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels
Exterior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Package
- Has the same exterior features found on the Technology Package.
Exterior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Technology and Entertainment Package: Auto-dimming side mirrors
Exterior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Advance and Entertainment Package
- Has the same exterior features found on the Advance Package.
2016 Acura MDX Performance
The 2016 Acura MDX comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and nine-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. In testing performed by Edmunds, the 2016 MDX was able to accelerate from 0-to-60 mph in only 6.5 seconds.
2016 Acura MDX Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Acura MDX varies depending on whether you choose the standard front-wheel drive model or available all-wheel drive option. Additionally, the 2016 Acura MDX Advance Package features auto idle stop technology that further improves fuel efficiency:
- The standard FWD model yields 19/27 mpg city/highway
- The FWD model with auto idle stop yields 20/27 mpg city/highway
- The AWD model yields 18/26 mpg city/highway
- The AWD model with auto idle stop yields 19/26 mpg city/highway
2016 Acura MDX Interior
The 2016 Acura MDX comes with seating for seven and it also offers generous amounts of leg room. Additionally, the third-row seats fold down to provide more cargo space. The 2016 MDX comes standard with leather upholstery, a rearview camera, and an eight-speaker sound system.
2016 Acura MDX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX
- Sport seats with leather-trimmed interior, 10-way power driver’s seat with 2 driver memory and Easy Entry, Heated front seats, Multi-function front center console with sliding tray, Hidden cargo storage with smart lid, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Tri-zone auto climate control with air filtration, Steering-wheel mounted controls, Ambient cabin lighting, Frameless rear view mirror, 12-volt power outlets (3)
Interior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on MDX: GPS-linked climate control
Interior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Technology Package: Heated second-row outboard seats, Front venter console 110-volt power outlet, Second-row side sunshades
Interior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on Technology and Entertainment Package: Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, Front passenger power-lumbar support
Interior available on the the 2016 Acura MDX Advance and Entertainment Package
- Contains the same interior features found in the Advance Package.
2016 Acura MDX Safety
The 2016 Acura MDX earned the highest safety rating possible of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2016 MDX also received the best safety rating of “Good” in every category from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, while also receiving an “Advanced” mark for its front crash prevention system.
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced airbags
- Theft-deterrent system with electronic immobilizer
- Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LATCH child safety system
- Multi-view rear camera with dynamic guidelines
- ACE body structure