2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Overview
The 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan is an American luxury vehicle with a starting MSRP of $33,215. The 2016 ATS earned the highest possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government and it also features an almost perfect 50/50 weight balance. Available in either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, the 2016 Cadillac ATS offers the choice of three powerful engines and also provides a luxurious interior that you would expect from a Caddy.
The 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan is available in four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Performance, and Premium.
What’s New for the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan?
The 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan has replaced its old six-speed automatic with a new eight-speed automatic transmission. Additionally, the 2016 model is available with a new 335 horsepower V6 engine. Furthermore, the CUE infotainment is faster than last year’s version and it also features Apple CarPlay compatibility.
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Photos:
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Exterior
The 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan features a refined and powerful looking exterior. The 2016 ATS comes standard with a Galvano chrome accented grille, daytime running lamps, and 17-inch wheels. Exterior color options for the 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan include Crystal White Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Moonstone Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic, Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Phantom Gray Metallic, Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic, Red Obsession Tintcoat, Black Raven, and Stellar Black Metallic.
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard
- Center high-mounted stop light, Daytime running lamps, Solar-ray light-tinted glass, Solar-absorbing windshield glass, Galvano chrome accented grille, Heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, Projector headlamps, 17-inch wheels, Front intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard: Memory Package, Heated power-adjustable auto-dimming outside mirrors, 17-inch polished aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: Dual exhaust, Active aero grille shutters, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Illuminating outside door handles, IntelliBeam® auto high-beam headlamps, Rainsense® automatic wipers, 17-inch Sterling Silver premium painted wheels
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Performance: 18-inch forged bright machined-face aluminum wheels
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance
There are three engine options for the 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan. The standard engine is a 2.5-liter direct-injection engine good for 202 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan also is available with a 2.0-liter turbo direct-injection engine, which pumps out 272 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. For even more power, the 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan offers a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 335 horsepower and 285 lb-ft of torque. An eight-speed automatic transmission is available for all models, while a six-speed manual transmission is offered with ATS sedans equipped with the 2.0-liter turbo engine.
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan varies with each engine option:
- The 2.5-liter engine yields fuel efficiency of up to 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- The 2.0-liter turbo engine yields fuel efficiency of up to 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
- The 3.5-liter V6 yields fuel efficiency of up to 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan comes standard with a 16 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Interior
The 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan comes standard with leatherette seating, but higher models are available with carbon fiber or genuine wood trim. The CUE infotainment system works faster than last year’s version and is now compatible with Apple CarPlay. The 2016 ATS also comes standard with a Bose® Premium Audio System and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio.
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard
- Air filtration system, Rear center armrest with cupholders, Front center armrest, Cruise control, Power programmable door locks with lockout protection, Driver and front passenger 6-way power adjustable seats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Electric rear-window defogger, Electroluminescent instrument cluster, Keyless access, Leather-wrapped rim steering wheel, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console, Frameless rearview mirror, 5.7-inch color display Driver Information Center, AM/FM stereo with 4.2-inch diagonal color display, Bluetooth, Bose® Premium Audio System, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Steering wheel-mounted controls
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on Standard: Driver and front passenger 8-way power adjustable seats, Auto-dimming frameless rearview mirror, Rear Vision Camera, Remote Vehicle Start, Leather seating surfaces, 60/40 split-folding rear seats with center trunk pass-through, Cadillac CUE® information and Media Control System, Front and Rear Park Assist, SiriusXM® Satellite and HD Radio™, Universal Home Remote, Wireless Charging, Phone integration for Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance
- Adds to or replaces features on Luxury: Performance bolstered front seats, Magnesium paddle shift controls, Sport aluminum pedals, Active noise cancellation, Cadillac CUE® and Surround Sound, Driver Awareness Package, Bose® premium surround sound audio system, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Performance: Power tilt and telescoping steering column, 110-volt conventional power outlet, Full-color reconfigurable Head-Up Display, Cadillac CUE® with navigation
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Safety
The 2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The new ATS has yet to undergo safety testing for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2016 Cadillac ATS sedan offers advanced safety features such as lane change alert, rear cross-traffic alert, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and safety seat alert.
Standard Safety Features
- Airbags, frontal, knee and side, front and rear head curtain
- All-speed traction control
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Rear child security door locks
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- Passenger Sensing System
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Trunk emergency release handle
Photo Source: © General Motors