2016 Cadillac SRX Overview
The 2016 Cadillac SRX is five-passenger luxury crossover with a starting MSRP of $37,605. The 2016 SRX has already earned a five-star safety rating from the federal government, and it also comes equipped with a more-than-capable 308-hp V6 engine.
The 2016 Cadillac SRX comes in four trims: Standard Collection, Luxury Collection, Performance Collection, and Premium Collection.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Cadillac SRX?
The 2016 Cadillac SRX is largely unchanged from last year’s version, as it is a carryover model.
2016 Cadillac SRX Photos:
2016 Cadillac SRX Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Cadillac SRX is highlighted by its bold front grille, sloped roof, and 18-inch aluminum wheels. Daytime running lamps and solar ray tinted windows are also standard features of the new SRX. Exterior color options for the 2016 Cadillac SRX include Platinum Ice Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic, Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Graphite Metallic, Terra Mocha Metallic, Sapphire Blue Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and Black Raven.
2016 Cadillac SRX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Standard Collection
- Black roof rails, Daytime Running Lamps, Solar-Ray tinted and laminated front glass windows, Windshield wiper-activated headlamps, Outside heated power-adjustable body-color mirrors, 18-inch H-rated all-season tires, 18-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels with painted finish, Front intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Luxury Collection
- Chrome roof rails, Outside heated/power-adjustable/power-folding driver-side auto-dimming mirrors, Power Liftgate with Memory Height, UltraView® sunroof, 18-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels with bright machined finish, Rainsense™ wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Performance Collection
- Front fog lamps, Xenon High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Forward Lighting System, 20-inch H-rated all-season tires, 20-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheels with bright machined finish with premium painted accents, Power-adjustable pedals
Exterior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Premium Collection
- Driver Awareness Package (IntelliBeam® headlamps/ Lane Departure Warning/ Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat)
2016 Cadillac SRX Performance
The 2016 Cadillac SRX comes with a 6.2-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which work together to generate 308 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. Edmunds found that the FWD SRX was capable of accelerating from 0-to-60 mph in just 7 seconds.
2016 Cadillac SRX Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Cadillac SRX depends on whether you selected the standard front-wheel drive option or the available all-wheel drive model:
- The FWD 2016 Cadillac SRX yields 17/24 mpg city/highway.
- The AWD 2016 Cadillac SRX yields 16/23 mpg city/highway.
The 2016 Cadillac SRX comes standard with a 21-gallon fuel tank.
2016 Cadillac SRX Interior
The 2016 Cadillac SRX features approximately 30 cubic feet of cargo room behind its rear seats. This Caddy also comes standard with OnStar 4G connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot. In addition, the new SRX comes equipped with Cadillac’s CUE infotainment system and a Bose® premium eight-speaker sound system.
2016 Cadillac SRX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Standard Collection
- All-weather floor mats, Rear-window electric defogger, Dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power driver seat adjuster for front seats, Gauge cluster with reconfigurable Driver Information Center (DIC), Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Rear center armrest with dual cupholders, Remote Keyless Entry, leatherette seating surfaces, Rear 60/40 split-folding seat with recline, Driver and front passenger illuminated visor vanity mirrors
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Luxury Collection
- Adaptive Remote Start, Air Filtration System, Ambient Interior Lighting, Cabin humidity sensor, Driver and front passenger power lumbar controls, Front passenger 8-way power seat adjuster, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Rear Cargo Management System, Seat adjuster front driver-side thigh support, leather seating surfaces, Heated steering wheel
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Performance Collection
- Power-adjustable pedals
Interior available on the 2016 Cadillac SRX Premium Collection
- Heated rear outboard seats, Ventilated driver seat, Ventilated passenger seat, Tri-zone automatic climate control
2016 Cadillac SRX Safety
The 2016 Cadillac SRX earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The 2016 SRX also offers advanced safety features such as lane departure warning, forward collision alert, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and safety alert seat, as well as automatic collision preparation and braking.
Standard Safety Features
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response
- OnStar Crisis Assist
- OnStar Emergency Services
- OnStar Hands-Free Calling
- OnStar Low Mileage Discount
- OnStar Remote Door Unlock
- OnStar Remote Horn and Lights
- OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- OnStar Roadside Assistance
- OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
- Air bags
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Door locks, rear child security
- Passenger Sensing System
- All-speed traction control
- Safety belts, 3-point, all seating positions
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
Check This Out! Helpful hints on how to easily jump start a dead battery
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.