2016 Lexus NX Overview
If you’re shopping for a luxury crossover that is ready to rule the road, consider the 2016 Lexus NX. This vehicle is a study in luxury, with powerful engines that conserve fuel, premium materials, and a sculpted exterior.
The 2016 Lexus NX is available in three trim levels: 200t, 200t F Sport, and the hybrid 300h. Each trim level comes with the choice of either front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Lexus NX?
The 2016 Lexus NX kicks off its second model year unchanged. New colors include Autumn Shimmer and Blue Vortex Metallic. The F Sport adds Ultra White to its palette.
2016 Lexus NX Photos:
2016 Lexus NX Exterior
The 2016 Lexus NX boasts an aggressive exterior and effectively pulls a 180 on Lexus’s trend of conservative designs. Sharp creases blend well with pointed shapes and, while taken down a notch from the original concept, still boasts a sporty look unlike any other crossover on the market.
2016 Lexus NX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 200t
- Tinted glass, LED headlights, 17-inch all-season tires, Rear spoiler, Automatic on/off headlights
Exterior available on the 200t F SPORT
- Sport-tuned suspension, 18-inch all-season tires
Exterior available on the 300h
- 17-inch all-season tires, Available Triple Beam LED headlights
2016 Lexus NX Performance
The 2016 Lexus NX offers two different powertrains, the NX 200t and NX 300h Hybrid. The NX 200t packs a direct-injected, turbocharged four-cylinder engine that pumps out 235 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It’s mated to a six-speed transmission and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is an option.
The NX 300H Hybrid packs a 2.5-liter four-cylinder and two electric motor-generators for a combined 194 hp. The hybrid powertrain can move the vehicle on electricity alone at speeds under 30 mph.
2016 Lexus NX Efficiency
The 2016 Lexus NX matches most other luxury compact crossovers with an EPA-estimated 28 mpg highway on both the 200t and Hybrid models. The NX 200t earns 24 combined mpg with both front- and all-wheel drive. The Hybrid model earns above average combined fuel economy with 33 and 32 mpg for the front- and all-wheel drive respectively.
2016 Lexus NX Interior
Unlike the exterior, the interior of the Lexus NX is much more relaxed. The trim is soft and meshes well with the metallic accents. Dark gray, silver, and wood grains make up most of the interior. To maintain the sporty feel, the dashboard is similar to Lexus IS.
2016 Lexus NX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 200t
- Interior Features: Dual-zone automatic climate control, Keyless entry, Leather-trimmed steering wheel with mounted controls, Multi-way adjustable power front seats, Voice-activated controls, Rear seat climate control vents, Smart Key System, Folding second-row seat, Interior air filter
- Radio and Technology: Satellite radio, 12-volt power outlet, 8 speakers, Bluetooth® technology, Parking Aid Camera, Auxiliary input jack, Telematic system
Interior available on the 200t F SPORT
- Interior Features: Race-inspired G-force and turbo-boost displays, Bolstered sport seating, Optional power sunroof/moonroof
Interior available on the 300h
- Interior Features: Same as 200t F Sport
2016 Lexus NX Safety
The 2016 Lexus NX is one of the safer models in its class if government testing is any indicator. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named it a Top Safety Pick+ while the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave it the highest five-star overall rating.
Available safety features include a rearview camera, lane departure alert, intelligent high beams, and more. A Pre-Collision Safety System is also available and features sensors that are used for everything from active cruise control to automatic braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Front airbags with sensors
- Tire pressure monitor
- Brake Assist System
- Stability control
- Daytime Running Lights
- Electronic traction control
- 4 wheel ABS brakes
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.