2016 Lexus RC F Overview
The 2016 Lexus RC F is a high-performance sports coupe that carries a starting MSRP of $62,805. In addition to its eye-catching exterior design, the Lexus RC F also features a 467-horsepower V8 engine, sport tuned suspension, and four unique drive modes. This coupe is one of only four vehicles ever to be produced by the Lexus F high-performance division. Key competitors of the 2016 RC F include the BMW M4, Cadillac ATS-V, and Mercedes-AMG C63 coupe.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Lexus RC F?
Not much has changed about the Lexus RC F since it was introduced in 2015. The most notable feature that has been added to the 2016 model is Lexus Enform Service Connect. This new feature gives the owner the ability to control many of the car’s functions through their smartphone, such as turning the air conditioning on and off. This technology can also be used to locate the coupe if it’s lost.
2016 Lexus RC F Photos:
2016 Lexus RC F Exterior
The 2016 Lexus RC F offers an aggressive and muscular exterior design that you typically don’t see from the luxury automaker. The front of the vehicle boasts a dramatic domed hood and a large “spindle” grille. Moreover, the rear of the vehicle is highlighted by distinctive quad exhaust tailpipes. For an extra charge, consumers can also add a rear spoiler to the coupe, as well as a carbon fiber roof panel that shaves additional weight from the vehicle. Every RC F comes standard with LED headlights and 19-inch split five-spoke forged alloy wheels. Exterior color options include Molten Pearl, Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0, and Ultra White.
2016 Lexus RC F Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Lexus RC F
- 19-inch alloy wheels, Performance tires, Rear spoiler, Power windows, Tinted glass, Automatic on/off headlights, Rear window defogger, Power adjustable exterior mirrors, Heated exterior mirrors
2016 Lexus RC F Performance
The 2016 Lexus RC F is loaded with a 5.0-liter naturally aspirated V8 engine rated at 467 horsepower and 389 lb-ft of torque. That powerful motor works with a standard eight-speed automatic transmission to send power to the rear wheels. In addition, the suspension has been specially tuned in order to handle all of that power. Also, despite a curb weight of 3,958 pounds, the Lexus RC F can rocket from 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds and hit a top speed of 168 mph. High-performance Brembo brakes are used to bring the vehicle to a stop, while torque-vectoring rear differential tech is also available.
2016 Lexus RC F Efficiency
The 2016 Lexus RC F yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. In addition, the 17.4 gallon gas tank in this Lexus coupe requires premium unleaded gasoline.
2016 Lexus RC F Interior
Lexus created a dynamic and well-appointed cabin for its RC F coupe. The dashboard and armrests are covered in thick padding and there’s plenty of space for front passengers to fit comfortably. However, the same can’t be said for the rear seats, which are best utilized by either small children or luggage. Notable standard features found inside the Lexus RC F include heated front seats, a rearview camera, and a 10-speaker sound system, while a leather upholstery and sunroof are available as stand-alone options. In terms of storage space, this coupe provides 10.1 cubic feet in its trunk.
2016 Lexus RC F Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Lexus RC F
- Aluminum interior trim, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Steering wheel mounted controls, Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjust, Driver and passenger multi-adjustable power seat, Automatic climate control, Dual zone front climate control, Rear seat climate control vents, Interior air filter, Delayed power retention system, Interior day/night Electrochromatic rearview mirror, Power locks, Reading lights, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Voice activated controls, Electronic parking aid (camera), Real-time traffic information (subscription required), Bluetooth technology, 10-speaker audio system, Satellite radio (subscription required), Auxiliary input Jack, Telematic system, Cruise control, Universal garage door opener, Smart key system, Multi-function remote, Keyless entry, 12V power outlet
2016 Lexus RC F Safety
Like other new vehicles sold in the United States, the 2016 Lexus RC F comes standard with traction and stability control, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. In addition, consumers can add blind-spot monitors with rear cross-traffic alert via the available Premium package. Front and rear parking sensors and adaptive cruise control are also available with the Lexus RC F, which are both offered as stand-alone options.
Standard Safety Features
- Speed-sensitive power steering
- Stability control
- Electronic traction control
- Four wheel ABS system
- Brake assist system
- Tire pressure monitor
- Front airbags with occupant sensor
- Front side airbag
- Front knee airbags
- Side head curtain airbag
- Height adjustable front seat belts
- Side impact door beams
- Panic alarm
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.