2017 Acura MDX Overview
The 2017 Acura MDX is the company’s flagship SUV and it combines elegant exterior styling with loads of standard safety features, which helps keep this luxury crossover safe while out on the roadways. Known for its reliability and quiet interior, the 2017 Acura MDX carries a starting MSRP of $43,950. The new Acura MDX competes with other luxury SUVs such as the Volvo XC90, BMW X5, and Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class.
Celebrity Rides: You won’t believe these 5 stars drive bright pink cars
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Acura MDX?
First shown at the Detroit Auto Show on the Acura Precision Concept, the new MDX is the first production model to feature Acura’s new Diamond Pentagon Grille. Other changes include an updated rear fascia, as well as new headlight designs. In addition, the AcuraWatch safety package now comes standard on every 2017 Acura MDX. The automaker will also be introducing a new Sport Hybrid version of the MDX later in the year.
2017 Acura MDX Photos:
2017 Acura MDX Exterior
The 2017 Acura MDX sports a sleek yet subtle exterior design that’s highlighted by its attention-grabbing new grille. Complementing that diamond-shaped grille are Jewel Eye LED headlights, as well as 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The rear fascia also includes LED lights, while the dual exhaust system hints at power found underneath the hood. Consumers who opt for higher-level trims can get LED fog lights and larger 20-inch wheels equipped on the MDX. Exterior color options include Dark Cherry Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, and Crystal Black Pearl.
2017 Acura MDX Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura MDX
- 18 X 8J inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Jewel Eye® LED Headlights, LED-Illuminated Taillights, Auto High/Low Beam Headlights, LED Integrated Turn Signals in Side Mirrors, Heated Side Mirrors, Dual Exhaust
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on the MDX: 20 X 8J inch aluminum-alloy wheels, LED Puddle Lights, Power Folding Side Mirrors
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on the Technology Package: LED Fog Lights, Automatic Dimming Side mirrors
Exterior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Rear Seat Entertainment Package
- Determined by partner package
2017 Acura MDX Performance
The 2017 Acura MDX comes straight from the factory with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. That motor is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, which helps deliver power to the front wheels. However, buyers in colder areas might want to consider Acura’s available “Super Handling” all-wheel drive system. In addition, Acura will be introducing a Sport Hybrid version of the MDX later in the year. This hybrid MDX will make use of a smaller 3.0-liter V6 engine, as well as three additional electric motors. This advanced powertrain will provide an additional 35 horsepower, increased fuel efficiency, and enhanced acceleration.
2017 Acura MDX Efficiency
The efficiency of the 2017 Acura MDX depends on the consumer’s choice between front-wheel and all-wheel drive. The FWD version of the new MDX yields an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. In contrast, highway efficiency dips to 26 mpg with the AWD system. Consumers waiting for the new Sport Hybrid model can expect to see efficiency of 25 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. The 2017 Acura MDX comes standard with a 19.5 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Acura MDX Interior
The 2017 Acura MDX features a quiet and refined interior that comes standard with leather upholstery, tri-zone climate control, and a dual-screen infotainment system. This model comes standard with three rows of seating that can fit up to seven people. Furthermore, on the Advanced trim, the second row bench can be removed in favor of two captain’s chairs. Other unique features found on the Advanced package include Milano leather and authentic wood trim. Lastly, the new Acura MDX provides more than 68 cubic feet of storage space when both of the rear seats are folded downwards.
2017 Acura MDX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Acura MDX
- Power Moonroof, Acoustic Windshield And Front Side Glass, Leather Trimmed Interior, Driver’s 10-way Power Seat With Power Lumbar Support and Easy Entry, Front Passenger’s 8-Way Power Seat, Heated Front Seats, Second Row Seating for Three, Sliding 2nd-Row Seats with Adjustable Seatback Angle, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Frameless Rear View Mirror, Ambient Cabin Lighting, Hidden Cargo Storage with Smart Lid, Remote-Linked Power-Operated Tailgate, Automatic Tri-Zone Climate Control, Humidity Control, Keyless Access System, Pushbutton Ignition, Adaptive Cruise Control, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Multi-Information Display, 12-Volt Power Outlets, Two Front-Row USB Charge Ports, Two Second- Row USB Charge Ports, Acura Premium Audio System, 8 Speakers, CD, MP3 and WMA Compatible Disc Player, MP3/Aux Input Jack, USB Autdio Interface with iPod Integration, Aha™ Compatibility, Pandora® Compatibility, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio With Advanced Audio Features, Bluetooth Streaming Audio, Text Message Reading, Siri® Eyes Free (iPhone Only), On Demand Multi-Use Display, Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation, 8-Inch Color Display
Interior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on the MDX: 20 X 8J inch aluminum-alloy wheels, LED Puddle Lights, Power Folding Side Mirrors, Rear Doors Smart Key Entry, GPS-linked Climate Control, Voice Recognition/Siri, Previous Navigation Display, Acura/ELS Studio®32 Premium Audio System, 10 Speakers, HD Radio, Song By Voice, Email Reading, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Exclusive Street and Freeway Conditions, Traffic Rerouting, AcuraLink The Next Generation, Blind Spot Information (BSI) System, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
Interior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on the Technology Package: Perforated Milano Premium Leather with Contrast Piping and Stitching, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Second Row Captain’s Chairs, Heated 2nd-Row Outboard Seats, Second Row Sunshades, Heated Steering Wheel, Natural Wood Trim, Two Third-Row USB Charge Ports, Surround-View Camera System
Interior available on the 2017 Acura MDX Rear Seat Entertainment Package
- Adds to or replaces features on the Advance and Technology Packages: Third-Row Charge Ports Delete, Front Center Console 110-Volt Power Outlet, 12 Speakers (with Advance Package Only), 9 Inch Full VGA Screen, Two Wireless Headphones, Removable Ceiling-Mounted Remote Control, 16.2-in Ultra-Wide Full VGA Screen with Split Screen Capability (with Advance Package Only)
2017 Acura MDX Safety
The 2017 Acura MDX comes standard with stability and traction control, antilock brakes, and a rear-vision camera, as well as the AcuraWatch safety package. This suite of advanced safety equipment was formerly an option on the MDX and includes highly developed technology such as forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, collision mitigation braking, and road departure mitigation. In addition, the Acura MDX was named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and also earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Standard Safety Features
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Multi-View Rear Camera With Dynamic Guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LATCH (Lower Anchors And Tethers For CHildren) Child-Seat Mounting System
- Hill Start Assist
Fact or Fiction: Does Drake actually own a Maybach 62S worth more than $1 million?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.