2017 Cadillac CTS Overview
Blessed with incredible handling characteristics, three powerful engine options, and an available all-wheel driving system, the 2017 Cadillac CTS provides an excellent combination of sporty driving and advanced tech equipment, which makes the CTS an intriguing option in the midsize luxury car segment. The entry-level model carries a starting MSRP of $45,560, but the price tag of this sedan can go above $70,000 when all of the available options are selected. The new Cadillac CTS competes with German midsize rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Audi A6, and BMW 5 Series.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Cadillac CTS?
For the 2017 model year, the Cadillac CTS gets new safety equipment in the form of GM’s Teen Driver technology, as well as the rear camera mirror that debuted in the 2016 Cadillac CT6. In addition to those new safety features, the front and rear fascias of the CTS have been revised slightly. New vertical exhaust pipes can be seen on the back of the car, while the front of the vehicle now features an additional chrome bar in the grille. Furthermore, Cadillac is also offering a Carbon Black appearance package, which adds a black chrome grille, rear spoiler, and distinctive 18-inch alloy wheels.
2017 Cadillac CTS Photos:
2017 Cadillac CTS Exterior
The 2017 Cadillac CTS has a bold and sleek exterior design that’s sure to attract attention whether it’s cruising down the highway or traveling through the city. The new CTS comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheels and high-performance Brembo brakes, which further add to the vehicle’s high-end appearance. In addition, the vertical LED headlights give the Cadillac CTS a signature look to go along with its responsive handling and spirited performance capabilities. Some of the optional equipment that’s available with the 2017 Cadillac CTS includes illuminated door handles, larger 18-inch wheels, and a panoramic sunroof.
2017 Cadillac CTS Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS
- LED daytime running lamps, Solar-absorbing glass windshield, Active aero grille, Projector type halogen headlamps, Power-adjustable and heated outside mirrors, Rear Park Assist, 17-inch 10-spoke painted alloy wheels, 17-inch run-flat all-season tires, Front intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, IntelliBeam headlamps, Driver-side auto-dimming power-adjustable and heated outside mirrors, Rainsense™ automatic wipers, Ultraview power sunroof, 17″ 10-spoke Ultra-Bright machined alloy finish with dark painted pockets
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Automatic Parking Assist, Illuminated door handles, 18-inch all-season run flat tires, 18-inch 15-spoke premium painted alloy wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS V-Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: 18-inch summer-only run-flat performance tires, 18-inch Ultra-Bright machined finish alloy wheels with After Midnight painted pockets
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Advanced Security Package
2017 Cadillac CTS Performance
The 2017 Cadillac CTS comes standard with a 2.0-liter turbo-four that’s good for 268 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. That turbocharged engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels. However, all-wheel drive is available on each CTS trim level, with the exception of the high-performance V-Sport models. The V-Sport trims are only offered as rear-wheel drive and they come with a twin-turbocharged V6 engine rated at 420 horsepower and 430 lb-ft of torque. Sitting in between those two available turbo motors is a naturally-aspirated 3.6-liter V6 that pumps out 335 horsepower and 285 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Cadillac CTS Efficiency
The Cadillac CTS’s fuel economy depends on the buyer’s choice between rear-wheel or all-wheel drive, as well as their engine selection. When equipped with the standard four-cylinder motor, the RWD Cadillac CTS yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. When the CTS is equipped with the available AWD system, those fuel economy ratings dip slightly to 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. In addition, consumers who opt for the CTS V-Sport and its peppy twin-turbo engine will experience fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
2017 Cadillac CTS Interior
The 2017 Cadillac CTS features an upscale interior that’s filled with a plethora of soft-touch materials and the latest tech equipment that General Motors has to offer. Every new Cadillac CTS comes standard with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, and a rearview camera. In addition to those premium features, the 2017 Cadillac CTS also comes standard with a 11-speaker sound system, wireless charging, and a CUE infotainment system, which is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. That infotainment system has also received several updates and is now more responsive and easier to operate than ever before.
2017 Cadillac CTS Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS
- Adaptive remote start, 5.7-inch diagonal color display Driver Information Center, Ambient LED Interior lighting, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Air filtration system, Air bag with the Passenger Sensing System, Keyless Access with push-button start, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System, Rear Park Assist, OnStar® Basic Plan for 5 years, OnStar® with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Wireless charging, Bluetooth® for phone/audio with Natural Voice Recognition, Bose® 11-speaker premium audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite and HD Radio
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Uplevel ambient interior lighting, Driver Awareness Package, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Collision Alert, Heated and ventilated front seats, Heated steering wheel, Lane Change Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Seating package, Split-folding rear seat, Power tilt/telescoping steering column, Side Blind Zone Alert, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System with embedded navigation, Bose® 13-speaker Centerpoint® Surround Sound®
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS Premium Luxury
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: 110-volt power outlet, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Full-color reconfigurable head-up display, Heated rear seats, Rear camera mirror, Illuminated front sill plates, Rear window power sunshade, Surround Vision
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS V-Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Leather sport steering wheel
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: 12.3-inch reconfigurable HD cluster, 20-way performance front seats, Automatic Safety Belt Tightening, Adaptive full-speed range cruise control, Performance Seat and Cluster Package
2017 Cadillac CTS Safety
The Cadillac CTS earned a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), but missed out on IIHS Top Safety Pick honors due to a “Marginal” rating in the difficult small-overlap front crash test. Every 2017 Cadillac CTS sedan comes standard with traction and stability control, antilock brakes, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, 10 airbags, and OnStar telematics. If those safety features aren’t enough, Cadillac also offers a Driver Awareness package and Driver Assist package. The former includes safety technology like lane departure warning and Cadillac’s new Safety Alert Seat, while the latter adds adaptive cruise control and a collision mitigation system with automatic braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Air bag with the Passenger Sensing System
- Driver and front passenger frontal, thorax, pelvic, side curtain and knee air bags and rear thorax air bags for outboard seating positions
- Rear Vision Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- All-speed traction control
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- StabiliTrak® vehicle stability enhancement system
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Child seat restraint system
- Rear child security door locks
- Locking fuel filler door
- Teen Driver