2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Overview
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 brings a whole lot of value into the subcompact sedan segment. As a four-door version of the pre-existing Mirage hatchback, it should really come as no surprise that this tiny sedan is one of the cheapest on the market. With optional Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, the Mirage G4 is able to keep everyone connected while out on the road, while its tiny size makes it easier to avoid the gas pump. For consumers that want a cheap, eco-friendly, gasoline-powered sedan, the Mirage G4 is a dream.
A Car for the Younger Generation: See why the Mirage is the perfect car for millennials
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 is an entirely new model. It is the sedan version of the 2017 Mirage hatchback.
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 comes in two trims: ES and SE.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Photos:
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Exterior
The G4 sedan takes the hatchback’s adorable design, and adds a trunk. Its small stature is highlighted by smooth lines and sculpted angles. This sedan even has a specially designed front fascia that is slightly different than that of the Mirage hatchback. There’s no doubt that the Mirage G4 is the attractive subcompact to come out of Mitsubishi. Standard features like halogen headlights and color-keyed front and rear bumpers make this sedan truly stand out.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the ES:
- Halogen headlights, Color-keyed front and rear bumpers, Dark chrome plated upper front grille, 165/65R14 tires, 15-inch steel wheels with wheel covers, Front windshield variable intermittent wipers and washers
Exterior available on the SE:
- 15-inch dark chrome alloy wheels, 175,55R15 tires, SE Badge, Fog lights, Color-keyed folding side-view mirrors with turn signals
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Performance
Mitsubishi has outfitted the 2017 Mirage G4 sedan with a standard 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine. This engine allows for some extra peppy performance, generating only 78 horsepower and 74 lb-ft of torque. The 1.2-liter engine is mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission, though a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is also available and comes standard on the SE trim level.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Efficiency
When it comes to fuel economy, there are very few gasoline-powered sedans that can beat the Mirage G4—if there are even any at all. The five-speed manual model gets 33 mpg city and 40 mpg highways, which offers consumers 35 mpg combined. For those consumers that get the CVT model, the fuel ratings get even better with an EPA-estimated 35 mpg city and 42 mpg highway coming together for a 37 mpg combined.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Interior
As you might expect with such a low starting MSRP, the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan’s interior isn’t exactly luxurious—but what lacks in quality materials, it makes up for with technology. This sedan is outfitted with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities, which means it mirrors the driver’s smartphone with ease. The cabin has a simple, modern design and a surprising amount of space for such a small car. It really is perfect for a daily commuter.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the ES:
- Speedometer/tachometer gauge cluster, ECO status indicator light, Cargo light, 4-way adjustable driver’s and front passenger seat, Rear seat center armrest w/ cup folders, Air conditioning, Urethane steering wheel, Carpeted floor mats
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with 4 speakers, USB port, 12-volt accessory outlet
Interior available on the SE:
- Semi-hi contrast meter cluster with chrome accent, 6-way adjustable driver’s seats and 4-way adjustable front passenger seat, Front seat heater, Automatic air condition climate control, Leather wrapped shift knob with silver accent, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 6.5-inch Display Audio with Smartphone link system, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto; Bluetooth hands-free phone system with steering wheel mounted controls; FAST-Key passive entry system and push button start; Push button start and stop engine switch
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Safety
The 2017 Mirage G4 hasn’t been crash tested at the time of this posting, but it does offer a number of safety features that are sure to give you peace of mind while out on the road.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Hill Start Assist
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Active Brake System (ASC)
- Tire Pressuring Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 7 standard airbags including drivers knee airbag
- Driver’s side knee airbag
- Advanced dual-stage front airbags with occupant seat position sensors
- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- Height-adjustable front shoulder belts with pretensioner
- LATCH child-restraint system
- Child safety rear door locks