2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Overview
When it comes to the subcompact car segment, the competition is fiercer than you might expect. So, it makes complete sense as to why Mitsubishi would choose to skip the 2016 model year for its Mirage subcompact—it takes time to make something perfect, after all. Now, the Mitsubishi Mirage is back for the 2017 model year with a number of changes that are sure to impress consumers of all ages.
Want to Learn More? Check out more changes for the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
For the 2017 model year, Mitsubishi has redesigned the Mirage’s exterior look. This includes a new hood, grille, front bumper, rear bumper, fog and headlamps. The rear spoiler and wheels also received design tweaks. It also has a new available 300-watt Rockford-Fosgate™ audio system with EcoPunch™, Apple Carplay™ and Android Auto™.
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage is offered in three trim levels: ES, SE, and GT.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Photos:
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Exterior
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage is fierce. And by that, we mean it’s fiercely cute. The Mirage’s small stature comes together with smooth lines and sculpted angles to form a silhouette that makes you want to pinch its cubby little cheeks. This newly redesigned hatchback—and its brand-new sedan G4 sibling—are the most attractive Mirage models yet. A standard chrome grille accent, 14-inch steel wheels, and available HID headlights make the 2017 Mirage the perfect vehicle for an eco-friendly, cost-conscious consumer that still wants to ride around town in style.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the ES:
- Halogen headlights, Rear combination LED tail lights, High mount rear stop light, Lower side air dam, Rear spoiler, Color-keyed front and rear bumpers, Color-keyed folding side-view mirrors, Color-keyed outer door handles, Color-keyed tail gate handle, Chrome grille accent, Front windshield variable intermittent wipers and washers, Rear intermittent wiper, Power side-view mirrors, Rear window defroster with timer, Laminated windshield, 14-inch steel wheels with wheel covers, 165/65R14 tires, Space saver temporary tire, Door sash black out, Short pole antenna
Exterior available on the SE:
- Fog lights, Color-keyed folding side-view mirrors with turn signals, 14-inch alloy wheels, SE badge
Exterior available on the GT:
- Bi-xenon HID headlights with light tube, 15-inch two-tone alloy wheels, 175/55R15 tires, GT badge
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Performance
Each 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage comes with a standard 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine. This engine generates a peppy 78 horsepower and 74 lb-ft of torque, which is actually an increase from the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. A five-speed manual transmission comes standard on both the ES and SE, while a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is optional on the ES and SE, and standard on the GT.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Efficiency
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage has an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 37 mpg city and 43 mpg highway. This makes for an impressive 39 mpg combined.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Interior
Despite the 2017 Mirage’s low starting price tag, the small car’s interior doesn’t suffer. Yes, the quality of its materials could be better—but you get what you pay for. There have been several enhancements to the Mirage’s cabin design, which have made it more sophisticated than ever before. A newly designed steering wheel, shift panel, and air conditioning panel make the Mirage more comfortable and driver-focused, while the seats all receive new materials. Its interior design is simple, modern, and perfect for an everyday commuter. Add its new available Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and you have one vehicle that will keep you connected no matter where you are.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Interior Photos:
Interior available on the ES:
- Speedometer/tachometer gauge cluster, ECO status indicator light, Front room light, Cargo light, 4-way adjustable driver’s seat, Split-folding rear seat, Rear seat head restraints, Air conditioning, Micron air filtration, Rear heater floor ducts, Urethane steering wheel, Gloss black center panel, Material-color inner door handles, Driver and passenger sun visors with driver’s side vanity mirror, Carpeted floor mats, Fuel lid release lever, Rear shelf, Power windows and door locks
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with four speakers and USB port, Keyless entry with panic alarm feature, 12-volt accessory outlet
Interior available on the SE:
- Semi-hi contrast meter cluster with chrome accent, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, Automatic climate control, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob with silver accent, Gloss black door panel accents, Chrome-plated front inner door handles
- 6.5-inch Display Audio with Smartphone link, Apple CarPlay™, and Android Auto™, Rear view camera system, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Steering-wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, FAST-Key passive entry system and push button start
Interior available on the GT:
- Heated front seats, Gloss black shift panel
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Safety
The 2017 Mirage doesn’t have the best safety ratings with a “poor” rating in the small overlap frontal test from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), but it still offers a variety of safety features that will give you peace of mind out on the road. This includes stability control, traction control, and anti-lock braking systems, which are great safety features on any car.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Hill Start Assist
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and brake assist
- Active Stability Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 7 standard airbags including driver’s side knee airbag
- Three-point seatbelts
- Height-adjustable front shoulder belts with pretensioner
- LATCH child-restraint system
- Child safety rear door locks
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- RISE body construction