2018 Acura NSX Overview
Whether you want to take the 2018 Acura NSX for a drive through the neighborhood or take it on a track, it’s going to grab the attention of passersby. This engineering tour de force is equipped with the latest technology and mechanical components that allow it to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 3 seconds, all while keeping you comfortable with its plush interior. Although the 2018 NSX is only available in one trim, that’s truly all you need for this supercar.
[wptab name= “What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2018 Acura NSX?
Not much has changed on the 2018 NSX outside of fuel economy, which has increased very slightly for city driving. Although some would have liked to see Acura add driver-assistive safety features like blind spot monitoring or cross-traffic alert, the supercar is still lacking in that department.
2018 Acura NSX Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2018 Acura NSX Exterior
The low and wide design of the 2018 NSX contribute to its aerodynamic, appealing style. With the signature Acura front end, a prominent mesh grille, and LED headlights and taillights, the NSX truly stands outs among competitors. Additional highlights of the exterior include flush-mounted automatic power pop-out door handles, power-adjustable and heated side mirrors, and seven carefully placed heat exchangers that cool the engine, transmission, battery, and front motors.
2018 Acura NSX Exterior Photos:
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear forged aluminum wheels, 305/30ZR20 103Y high-performance summer tires, Flush-mounted automatic power pop-out door handles, Capless fuel filler, Integrated radio antenna, Acoustic windshield and rear glass cabin window, LED brake lights, Variable intermittent wipers, Remote keyless Smart Entry system, Power-adjustable and heated side mirrors with reverse auto tilt-down and integrated LED turn indicators, Acura Jewel Eye® LED headlamps with auto-on/off, Composite body panels, Aluminum roof panel
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2018 Acura NSX Performance
Under the hood of this performance vehicle is a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine with three electric motors. Paired to a nine-speed dual-clutch automatic, the 2018 NSX can get up to 573 horsepower and 476 lb-ft of torque. Combined with advanced all-wheel drive and four-wheel steering, torque lag is virtually nonexistent for the NSX, making it a supercar in a class of its own.
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2018 Acura NSX Efficiency
Racing around corners and accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in just 3 seconds won’t completely destroy fuel efficiency for the 2018 Acura NSX. The supercar gets 21 mpg in the city, 22 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined. With a top speed of 191 mph, you may want to find a closed track to put your NSX to the test without breaking any speeding laws.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2018 Acura NSX Interior
With a starting price tag of $156,000, you expect a certain level of luxury once you step inside your 2018 NSX, and that’s exactly what you get. Beautifully crafted bucket seats are bolstered and trimmed in perforated Milano leather and Alcantara, providing supreme comfort. The cockpit is incredibly up-to-date, with a 7-inch display audio system; Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay™, and Android Auto™ capability; and a dual-zone automatic climate control system. Four driving modes—Quiet, Sport, Sport+, and Track—allow you to decide just how you want to treat your NSX when you’re behind the wheel.
2018 Acura NSX Interior Photos:
- Cruise control, Two cup holders, Push Button Start, Active Sound Control, Power windows with auto-up/down, Power door locks, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Multi-functional center console storage system, Lockable glove compartment, 12-volt power outlet, Power remote fuel filler door release, Rear engine compartment window defroster with timer, Cargo area light and tie-down anchors, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Dual-zone automatic climate control system, HomeLink® remote system, Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, LED interior ambient lighting, Leather-trimmed instrument panel and door panels, Perforated leather and Alcantara®-trimmed seats with manual adjusters
Radio and technology:
- Four driving modes, Hill Start Assist, Idle-Stop System, 7-inch display audio system with high-resolution WVGA electrostatic touchscreen and customizable feature settings, Eight-speaker audio system with subwoofer, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® streaming audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, USB audio interface, SMS text message function, Pandora® compatibility, HD Radio™, Siri Eyes Free®, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay™, 4.2-inch color TFT screen
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2018 Acura NSX Safety
At the time of writing, the 2018 Acura NSX has yet to undergo safety testing by the NHTSA or the IIHS, but that doesn’t mean the vehicle is without features that will ease your mind. Standard features like hill start assist, vehicle stability assist with traction control, and a multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines can assist you when maneuvering the NSX.
Standard safety features:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist
- Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with location and pressure indicators
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Single-stage driver and dual-stage passenger multiple-threshold front airbags
- Front side airbags
- One-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Three-point seatbelts with automatic tensioning system
- Upper tether for child seat on passenger-side
- Driver’s and passenger’s seat-belt reminder
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.