2018 Cadillac CT6 Overview
The Cadillac CT6 is commonly regarded as the luxury brand’s flagship sedan. Therefore, if Cadillac wanted to test out an innovative new feature in one of its vehicles, it would make sense to choose the CT6.
For the 2018 model year, Cadillac is adding its semi-autonomous Super Cruise technology to several of the CT6 Sedan’s higher-level trims. As such, the 2018 Cadillac CT6 will serve as a preview for the future of the entire Cadillac brand.
Expanding In-Vehicle Technology: V2V safety standard on Cadillac CTS sedans
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Cadillac CT6?
The CT6 has undergone a number of changes for the 2018 model year, including updates to Cadillac’s infotainment system and the addition of several exterior color options. However, the most notable addition to the CT6 is the Cadillac Super Cruise technology, standard on the Platinum trim.
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 Sedan comes in four models: CT6, CT6 Luxury, CT6 Premium Luxury, and CT6 Platinum.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Photos:
2018 Cadillac CT6 Exterior
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 is considered by many to be the best-looking vehicle in Cadillac’s lineup, which is saying something, considering the rest of Cadillac’s models are quite attractive as well. Paired with that aesthetic appeal are standard exterior features, like LED Indirect Fire high beam/low beam headlamps.
Drivers looking for even more practical features can upgrade to higher trim levels, which deliver exterior amenities like an UltraView® sunroof.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6:
- LED Indirect Fire high beam/low beam headlamps and LED light pipe signature, 18-inch aluminum wheels with Blade Silver painted finish, Capless fueling system, Daytime running lamps, Outside heated power-adjustable manual-folding mirrors, Rear tail lamps with LED illumination
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Luxury:
- Concierge lighting, Power (gesture activated) decklid, 19-inch aluminum wheels with ultra-bright machined finish and Pearl Nickel pockets, Front cornering lamps, Illuminated door handles, IntelliBeam®, Locking fuel filler door, Rainsense windshield wipers
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury:
- UltraView® sunroof
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Platinum:
- Active Chassis Package including Magnetic Ride Control™, 20-inch aluminum Manoogian Silver premium painted finish wheels with chrome inserts and active rear steering
2018 Cadillac CT6 Performance
The base engine for the Cadillac CT6 is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, which produces 265 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. A 3.6-liter V6 engine is also available, providing drivers with 335 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque.
The most powerful engine, however, is the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6, which delivers 404 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Efficiency
Starting out, the Cadillac CT6 has a respectable fuel economy for a sedan of its size, with an efficiency score of 22/30/25 MPG City/Highway/Combined. As is most often the case, upgrading to a more powerful engine reduces that fuel economy to a score of 18/26/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Interior
As Cadillac’s high-end sedan, the Cadillac CT6 includes some of the brand’s most luxurious interior options. Leather seating surfaces are offered with every model, while upgrading to higher-level trims will add heating, ventilation, and messaging functions to those seats.
When it comes to technology and entertainment, the CT6 starts with a Bose® eight-speaker premium audio system. True music enthusiasts can choose the 2018 CT6 Platinum for a Bose® Panaray® Sound system featuring 34 speakers.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6:
- Comfort and Seating: Handcrafted cut-and-sewn interior, Leather seating surfaces, 14-way front bucket seats for driver and front passenger, Fixed rear seat with pass through, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise and audio controls
- Technology: Bose® eight-speaker premium audio system, OnStar® with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, SiriusXM® satellite radio, Bluetooth® phone connectivity, USB and auxiliary connectivity, Keyless Access, Passive Entry, Push-Button Start, Adaptive Remote Start, Front and Rear Park Assist, Wireless Charging, Rear auxiliary power outlet, Universal Home Remote
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Luxury:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated steering wheel, Heated driver and front passenger seats, 16-way front bucket seats for driver and front passenger, Automatic safety belt tightening, Automatic heated steering wheel, Front passenger memory seat, Illuminated sill plates, Rear side manual sunshades, Rear-window power sunshade
- Technology: Cadillac user experience and Navigation and Collection, Bose® 10-speaker surround sound system, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Surround Vision, Automatic Vehicle Hold, Automatic Parking Assist, Inclination sensor, Power outlet, Safety Alert Seat, Vehicle interior movement sensor
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury:
- Technology: Rear camera mirror, Surround Vision Recorder, 12-inch reconfigurable full-color gauge cluster, Full-color reconfigurable Head-Up Display
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Platinum:
- Comfort and Seating: Quad-zone automatic climate control; Heated, ventilated, massaging front seats with 20-way adjustments for the driver and front passenger; 40/20/40 rear seat with outboard positions heated, ventilated, massaging, and reclining
- Technology: Bose® Panaray® Sound system featuring 34 speakers, Rear Seat Infotainment, Driver Assist Package including adaptive cruise control, and forward and reverse automatic braking, Night Vision
2018 Cadillac CT6 Safety
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 includes some of the brand’s most celebrated safety and security options, like a rear vision camera and Teen Driver mode. The addition of Cadillac’ semi-autonomous Super Cruise technology simply takes that vehicle safety to a whole new level.
Some of the standard safety features for the 2018 Cadillac CT6 include:
- Teen Driver
- Driver and front passenger frontal, front seat thorax and pelvic, side-curtain and driver front passenger knee airbags
- Rear vision camera
- Cadillac Owner Benefits, which includes Premium Care Maintenance, Warranty Protection, and Roadside Assistance
- LATCH system
The Future of Cadillac: Stunning Cadillac Escala Concept shows off future plans
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.