2018 Chrysler 300 Overview
With the Chrysler 200 officially removed from the Chrysler vehicle lineup, the 2018 Chrysler 300 remains the only passenger car left for the Chrysler family. Simply put, the 300 has a lot of responsibility to take on in order to ensure the Chrysler brand is a success.
Fortunately for the automaker, the latest Chrysler 300 model is keeping true to what has made it a success in the past. Even in a market where an increasing number of drivers are moving away from passenger cars, the 2018 Chrysler 300 still has a lot to offer in terms of performance and opulence.
Choosing the Right Time to Buy: When should you buy a new car?
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Chrysler 300?
The trim levels for the Chrysler 300 have been reorganized for the 2018 model year, with some additions, removals, and reshuffling. Beyond that, most of the changes for the 300 are limited to available packages or color options.
The 2018 Chrysler 300 comes offered in five trims: the Touring, Touring L, 300S, Limited, and 300C. With the exception of the 300C, all of the 300’s trims come offered with AWD.
Additional 2018 Chrysler 300 Photos:
2018 Chrysler 300 Exterior
As the Chrysler 300 enters the 2018 model year, its refined, yet reserved exterior appearance remains in place. Drivers will also appreciate the return of practical features for that exterior, like an acoustic windshield and power heated exterior mirros.
2018 Chrysler 300 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Touring:
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Acoustic windshield, Front and rear solar control glass, Bi-Function Halogen Projector Headlamps, Power heated exterior mirrors
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Touring L:
- 18-inch x 7.5-inch polished aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300S:
- 20-Inch x 8.0-Inch aluminum Hyper Black wheels, LED fog lamps, Gloss Black day light opening surround molding, Black Chrome surround 300S Grille
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Limited:
- Auto ‘Adjust-in-Reverse’ exterior mirrors, Driver’s auto-dimming exterior mirror
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300C:
- Adaptive bi-xenon HID headlamps, Automatic headlamp leveling system
2018 Chrysler 300 Performance
Performance has always been one of the Chrysler 300’s key attributes. The standard, 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 engine produces 292 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque for the signature Chrysler sedan.
For drivers who want the most power out of their Chrysler 300, the 300C trim is always an available option. The 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® engine it comes equipped with produces 363 horsepower and 394 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Chrysler 300 Efficiency
The 2018 Chrysler 300 comes with a 19/30/23 mpg city/highway/combined fuel rating. Opting for the available all-wheel drive slightly lowers this fuel rating to 18/27/21 mpg city/highway/combined.
2018 Chrysler 300 Interior
The Chrysler 300 is classified as a luxury sedan, a label that is most often determined by the interior amenities featured in a vehicle’s cabin. Therefore, drivers shouldn’t be surprised to find some of the industry’s most luxurious offerings inside the 300’s cabin.
Features like a leather-wrapped steering wheel and Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth come included with every 2018 Chrysler 300. Higher-range offerings in the 300 lineup added heated/ventilated seats and leather trimming throughout the cabin.
2018 Chrysler 300 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Touring:
- Comfort and Seating: Power eight-way driver seat, Active head restraints, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Air filtering, Speed Control
- Technology: Uconnect® 4C with 8.4-inch display, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®, HD Radio™, Six speakers, 1-Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Touring L:
- Comfort and Seating: Leather trim seats, Heated front seats
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300S:
- Comfort and Seating: Cargo compartment dress-up, Universal garage door opener
- Technology: 276-Watt Amplifier
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300 Limited:
- Comfort and Seating: Ventilated front seats, Heated second-row seats, Heated steering wheel
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler 300C:
- Comfort and Seating: 160-MPH primary speedometer, Heated/cooled front console cup holders
2018 Chrysler 300 Safety
A majority of the safety features that drivers found useful in past iterations of the Chrysler 300 make their return in the 2018 edition of the sedan. The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera remains one of the best rear view cameras in the industry, and the standard Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System provides added peace of mind.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Chrysler 300 include:
- All Speed Traction Control
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Driver Inflatable Knee-Bolster Airbag
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Taking Care of Your Car: New car care tips