2018 Genesis G90 Overview
As Hyundai’s luxury sub-brand, Genesis has designed its G90 flagship sedan with the same quality and practicality that the rest of the Korean automaker’s models possess. Sold at an incredibly low price for the amenities and powertrains it possesses, the G90 has already made many fans in its first year of production. Entering its second year, the G90 is still making an impact.
Meet the Hyundai Ioniq: This brand new car has become the most efficient hybrid on the market
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Genesis G90?
Only in its second year in production, the G90 is already improving and offering more things to love about it.
For 2018, the 3.3T Premium adds standard full LED headlamps with Dynamic Bending Light, while the 5.0 Ultimate adds a rear seat entertainment system with dual 10.3-inch HD monitors. Both versions of the G90 get a standard CD/DVD player located inside the glovebox.
Other than those added features, the G90 remains the same in powertrain and design.
2018 Genesis G90 Exterior
The 2018 G90’s exterior is the same as it was last year: smooth, solid, and sure-footed. Its shield-shaped grille and straight body lines aren’t flashy, but they fit in well among the car’s white collar competitors. The 2018 G90 can be painted in one of seven different colors, each equally sophisticated: Casablanca White, Victoria Black, Serengeti Brown, Santiago Silver, San Simeon Gray, Himalayan Gray, and Adriatic Blue.
2018 Genesis G90 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Genesis G90
- 3.3T Trim: Acoustic-laminated, noise reducing glass; Speed-sensitive variable intermittent front windshield wipers; Auto-defogging windshield; LED outside mirror turn-signal indicator; Full LED headlights
- 5.0L Trim: No change
2018 Genesis G90 Performance
The element differentiating the two trim levels of the G90 is the engine. The 3.3T Trim bears a 3.3-liter DOHC 24-valve Twin Turbo V6 engine, while the 5.0L Trim flaunts a 5.0-liter DOHC 32-valve D-CVVT V8.
The 3.3-liter V6 comes paired to an eight-speed electronic automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® and paddle shifters. It manages an output of 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque. Its zero-to-60 mph acceleration time was about 6.6 seconds in the 2017 model.
The 5.0-liter V8, of course, outdoes that performance. While paired to the same eight-speed automatic transmission, this powertrain boosts levels to 420 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. It also has a 0 to 60 time a whole second faster than the V6.
2018 Genesis G90 Efficiency
Considering the strength of the G90’s engines, fuel efficiency certainly isn’t a priority, but it’s EPA-estimated numbers aren’t that terrible. In fact, the 3.3-liter V6 averages 20 mpg in combined city/highway driving, while the V8 averages 19 mpg combined (RWD) or 18 mpg combined (AWD). That’s still plenty of fuel to take that extended business road trip or visit your hometown you left ages ago.
You can control the G90’s performance through Intelligent Drive Mode, which offers four modes of operation: Eco, Smart, Sport, and Individual.
2018 Genesis G90 Interior
Living up to its classification as a luxury vehicle, the 2018 G90 boasts a stellar interior. Every perk of the G90 comes standard, as the sedan was designed to simplify the buying process by offering everything you want without paying extra. Thus, the heated leather seats, wood touches, HD LCD display, surround sound system, and wireless charging are included on every model.
There’s a lot of space in this midsize sedan thanks to its elongated 124.4-inch wheelbase and its 59-inch height. The G90 is so comfortable and connected, you’ll probably want to turn it into your mobile office.
2018 Genesis G90 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Genesis G90
- 3.3T Trim: Heated and ventilated front seats, Nappa leather seating surfaces, Leather-wrapped dash and genuine wood interior trim, Heated rear seats, Power tilt-and-slide sunroof, 12.3-inch HD navigation system with DIS Multimedia Controller, Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with 7-inch color HD LCD Multi-Information Display, Lexicon® 17-speaker Surround Sound Audio System with Quantum Logic® Surround & Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, Wireless charging pad (Front – Qi standard)
- 5.0L Trim: 14-way power right rear seat and 12-way power left rear seat, Rear seat illuminated vanity mirrors, Integrated Memory System for rear outboard seats, Rear seat entertainment system with dual 10.3-inch HD monitors
2018 Genesis G90 Safety
The G90 bears a body structure that’s highly rigid and composed of 52% Advanced High-Strength Steel, giving it a solid defense against the roughest collisions. The sedan also boasts the most comprehensive set of standard safety features in its class, with over half-a-dozen driver assist features on every model.
It’s no surprise, then, that the 2018 Genesis G90 earned a “superior” rating in the IIHS’ front crash prevention test. With no body changes from last year, the 2018 G90 extends its portfolio of top-rated safety scores from the IIHS and the NHTSA, though comprehensive evaluations have not been performed yet.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Genesis G90
- Rearview camera
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) with pre-collision warning
- Multi-view Camera System
- Anti-whiplash front head restraints with power controls
- Smart Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross-traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist
Automotive News: What Hyundai’s $3 billion investment means for the USA
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.