2018 Lexus ES Overview
Meet the 2018 Lexus ES: the epitome of luxury sedans.
More from Lexus: Meet Lexus’ extensive hybrid lineup
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus ES?
For 2018, the Lexus ES carries over unchanged.
2018 Lexus ES Photos:
2018 Lexus ES Exterior
The Lexus ES rides on a long wheelbase that enhances the size of the interior space, while leading with striking LED headlamps set into a low-slung front fascia, featuring the brand’s signature spindle grille.
2018 Lexus ES Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus ES
- LED headlamps, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, LED tailamps
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus ES Hybrid
- LED headlamps, Power-adjustable heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn indicators, Daytime Running Lights, Rear window defogger
2018 Lexus ES Performance
The Lexus ES comes with one of two engines, depending on whether it is the Hybrid model or not.
In non-Hybrid models, the ES is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine, which makes a nice, happy 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque.
In the Hybrids, the V6 is replaced by a far more efficient 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder engine paired with an electric drive motor, for 200 total system horsepower and 156 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Lexus ES Efficiency
Non-Hybrid models of the 2018 ES deliver a respectable 21 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined. The Hybrid model kicks these numbers way up to 40 mpg in the city, 39 mpg on the highway, and 40 mpg combined.
2018 Lexus ES Interior
The interior of the 2018 ES is spacious due to its extended wheelbase, which especially gives the back seat plenty of extra legroom. In addition, it is trimmed in luxury features like NuLuxe seating upholstery (upgradable to perforated leather), with even more provided in the optional Luxury and Ultra Luxury Packages.
2018 Lexus ES Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus ES
- Steering-wheel-mounted controls, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s and front passenger’s seats (including lumbar), Illuminated Entry System, NuLuxe seating trim, Dual-zone climate control with smog sensor
- Lexus Enform Service Connect for 10 years, Lexus Enform Remote mobile app, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather service via HD Radio™, High-resolution color LCD multimedia display, HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging, SmartAccess key, Scout® GPS Link, Lexus premium audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with free 90-day subscription, Voice command, Siri® Eyes Free, Drive Mode Select, Bluetooth® audio technology, HomeLink® universal transceiver
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus ES Hybrid
- Interior air filter, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Automatic on/off headlights, In-glass antenna, Power sunroof/moonroof, Driver and passenger multi-adjustable power seats, Delayed power retention system, Rear spoiler, Automatic dual-zone front climate control, Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjustments, Steering wheel mounted controls, Rear seat climate control vents, Interior day/night electrochromic rear mirror
- Eight speakers, 12V power outlet, Adaptive cruise control, Universal garage door opener (HomeLink®), Satellite Radio, Available DVD entertainment system, Auxiliary input jack, Electronic parking aid camera, Multi-function remote, Telematics system, Keyless entry, Voice-activated controls, Bluetooth® technology, Smart key system
2018 Lexus ES Safety
The 2018 Lexus ES comes with the normal array of safety systems, like airbags, seatbelts, impact-absorbing body components, etc., but also comes with more advanced features like the Lexus Safety System+, which actually combines four driver-assist features to help prevent crashes, including a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus ES
- Lexus Safety System+
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect with Roadside Assistance
- 10-airbag system
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Vehicle stability control
- Traction control
- Vehicle proximity notification system
- Child Restraint Seat tether anchor brackets
- Whiplash-lessening front seatbacks
- Anti-Lock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Smart Stop Technology
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
Stepping Up: Learn about the next Lexus sedan up, the 2018 GS