2018 Lexus LS Overview
The 2018 Lexus LS is the long, luxurious flagship, built on a sports coupe’s platform but nestled in Lexus’ sedan lineup. With impressive features both inside and out, the LS is truly worthy to lead Lexus.
World’s Best DIY: Here you can put together your own perfect Lexus
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus LS?
For 2018, the Lexus LS is completely new, having undergone a complete redesign with bold new looks and a larger footprint to make it a true flagship sedan.
2018 Lexus LS Photos:
2018 Lexus LS Exterior
The 2018 Lexus LS stands on the same platform as the brand’s sporty LC coupe. The new sedan features a completely redesigned exterior, with Lexus’ trademark spindle grille dominating its front fascia. Standard features inclide a foot- or fob-operated power-open/close trunk. The flagship Lexus comes in nine different exterior colors, including six variants of white, black, and silver, as well as red, blue, and a chocolatey brown.
2018 Lexus LS Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus LS
- 19-inch alloy wheels, P245/50VR19 run flat all-season tires, Automatic on/off headlights, LED headlamps, Power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, LED rear combination lamps, Power open/close trunk
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus LS F Sport
- 20-inch alloy wheels with Dark Graphite finish, Front 245/45VR10 BSW run flat performance tires, Rear P275/40VR20 BSW run flat performance tires, Darkened chrome lower trim
2018 Lexus LS Performance
The 2018 Lexus LS comes with two different engine options. Most models, including the LS 500 and LS 500 F SPORT models, are powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 (the brand’s first ever), making a roaring 416 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque. In the LS 500h trims is a hybrid powertrain consisting of a 3.5-liter V6 connected to a Lexus Hybrid Drive unit for 354 total system horsepower.
2018 Lexus LS Efficiency
The efficiency numbers for the 2018 LS depend on the powertrain employed and whether the model is rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
Rear-wheel drive LS 500 models (both regular and F SPORT) make an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and 23 mpg combined. For all-wheel drive LS 500 models, that becomes 18 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined.
The hybrid LS significantly boosts these efficiency figures. Rear-wheel drive models get 25 mpg in the city, 33 mpg on the highway, and 28 mpg combined, while all-wheel drive versions deliver 23 mpg in the city, 31 mpg on the highway, and 26 mpg combined.
2018 Lexus LS Interior
Although the LS’ redesigned exterior is sharp, where the flagship really shines it its interior: specifically in its optional features. Yes, it comes with a ton of technology and comfort features, like a power rear sunshade and a multi-driver memory system, as standard equipment. However, the options encompass things like Kiriko cut and polished glass interior door trim, power-reclining or 22-way power-adjustable massaging rear seats, semi-aniline perforated leather trim, four-zone Climate Concierge system, and both heated and cooled front and outboard-rear seats.
2018 Lexus LS Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus LS
- Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjustment, Automatic dual-zone climate control, Rear seat climate control vents, Tinted glass, Interior day/night electrochromic rearview mirror, SmartAccess key fob with push-button ignition, Multi-function Lexus Enform Remote, Keyless entry, 12-volt power outlet, Rear window defogger, Power rear sunshade, Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat and steering wheel plus outside mirrors, Leather-trimmed assist grips, Ambient lighting, Drive Mode Select
- Bluetooth® technology, 12-speaker Lexus Premium Sound System, Steering wheel mounted controls, Real-time traffic information, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Auxiliary input jack, DVD entertainment system, Telematic system, Adaptive cruise control, HomeLink® universal garage door opener, Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto-Stop, Navigation system with 12.3-inch display, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 with Advanced Voice Recognition, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi, Dynamic Voice Command, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Remote Touchpad
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus LS Hybrid
- EV Mode and Manual Drive Mode
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus LS F Sport
- Aluminum pedals, Exclusive F Sport cockpit, LFA-inspired digital instrumentation
2018 Lexus LS Safety
The 2018 LS comes with a strong array of standard safety features. More conventional features include LED headlamps and daytime running lights, an impact-absorbing body structure, and a system of airbags. Advanced features like a pedestrian-protecting pop-up hood, a blind-spot and rear cross-traffic monitoring system, and a parking assist system are also available.
Like with the interior, though, the LS is more impressive when optional features are added, such as a windshield wiper de-icer, rear-seat knee airbags, a 24-inch heads-up display, and the Lexus Safety System+ A, which debuted with the new LS and includes such systems as Pedestrian Alert, Front Cross-Traffic Alert, and Road Sign Assist.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus LS
- Stability control and electronic traction control
- Front and rear disc brakes with anti-lock braking and brake assist
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
- 10 airbag system including front airbags, front side airbag, front knee airbags, and side head curtain airbag
- Height-adjustable front seatbelts with automatic locking retractors and pre-tensioners
- Side impact door beams
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Anti-theft protection with panic button or alarm and engine immobilizer
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Smart Stop technology
- Lexus Safety System+ — includes Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps, and All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Meet the New Kid: The 2018 Lexus RXL is all you love about the RX, plus a little more
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.