2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Overview
The 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is one of the brand’s most popular vehicles, clocking in at the smaller end of the crossover lineup. With seating for up to five and an affordable starting MSRP, this compact crossover offers a versatile entry point to Mitsubishi’s SUVs.
Nice, Mitsubishi: Sales are the best that they have been in a decade
What’s New for the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
For 2019, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport gets a handful of upgrades surrounding active safety systems. First, the SE and GT trims get Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Lane Change Assist. Then, on top of that the GT model gets Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, and Automatic High-Beam Headlights. In addition, Mitsubishi is also dropping the SEL trim level entirely and reducing the price of the 2.4-liter GT trim with active safety features.
The 2019 Outlander Sport is a compact crossover, giving it a shortened body. This means that the Outlander Sport has very little overhang in the front and rear, giving it a planted stance. The Outlander Sport’s colors are a bit of a one-of-each approach, with one color each for white, black, silver, gray, brown, red, and blue.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
- Halogen headlights, LED rear combination taillights, Color-keyed front and rear bumpers, Black front bumper under garnish, Color-keyed outside door handles, Wheel arch moldings, Color-keyed folding side-view mirrors with turn indicators, Heated power side-view mirrors, Front windshield variable intermittent wipers, Rear window intermittent wiper/washer with defroster, Rear privacy glass, Roof carrier plug-in accommodation, Roof spoilers, Shark fin antenna, 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels, 225/55R18 all-season tires, Temporary spare tire
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE
- Fog lights, LED daytime running lights, Silver front bumper under garnish, Power folding side-view mirrors, Single exhaust outlet with chrome tip, SE badge
Exterior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport GT
- Automatic High Beam headlights, High Intensity Discharge headlights, Auto on/off headlights, Front windshield rain-sensing wipers, GT badge
The Outlander Sport uses two engines for power. The first is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder, standard on the ES and SE trims, which produces 148 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. Above that is a 2.4-liter four-cylinder, standard on the GT trim, which makes 168 horsepower and 167 lb-ft of torque.
Most models of the Outlander Sport then use a Sportronic® continuously variable transmission. The very base model, though, comes with a five-speed manual transmission. Each trim comes with either two-wheel drive or available All-Wheel Control.
The Outlander Sport ES, with two-wheel drive, a five-speed manual transmission, and the 2.0-liter engine, delivers 23/29/25 mpg city/highway/combined. With the CVT in the ES or SE, this becomes 24/30/27 mpg city/highway/combined. Finally, with all-wheel control, the ES and SE deliver 23/29/26 mpg city/highway/combined.
The GT trim, with two-wheel drive and the 2.4-liter engine, makes 23/29/25 mpg city/highway/combined. With all-wheel control this only changes for highway driving, becoming 28 mpg on the highway.
Inside, the 2019 Outlander Sport offers seating for up to five passengers, though with the rear seats folded, it can hold up to 49.5 cubic feet of cargo. Interestingly, each model includes the same automatic climate control system.
Interior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
- Color multi-information display, High-contrast meters, Dual-visor vanity mirrors, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, Four-way adjustable front passenger seat, Fabric seating surfaces, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Urethane steering wheel, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Soft-touch upper instrument panel and door trim, Soft-touch floor console knee padding, Chrome-plated inner door handles, Satin grey window switch panels, Mesh design floor console, Carbon design audio panel, Remote hood and fuel door release lever, Power door locks, Power windows with driver’s auto up/down, Day/night rearview mirror, Two 12-volt power outlets, Floor console box with armrest, Instrument panel lower-center storage, Front door panel storage pockets with bottle holder, Glove box, Rear center armrest with cup holders, Retractable assist grips, Rear cargo compartment, Cargo tie-down hooks, Rear heater floor ducts
- 7-inch touch panel display audio system, AM/FM audio system, Digital HD Radio®, Four speakers, Bluetooth® wireless technology, Steering wheel audio/phone controls, USB port, Rearview camera, Cruise control, Automatic climate control, Remote keyless entry with panic feature
Interior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE
- Dual-visor vanity mirrors with illumination, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Blind Spot Warning System with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, 7-inch smartphone link display audio system, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription, FAST-Key passive entry system with push button start and panic feature
Interior features available on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport GT
- Combination soft-touch seating surfaces, Gloss black with silver accent audio panel
- Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®
As standard equipment, the 2019 Outlander Sport offers the safety systems you would expect on a modern vehicle, such as anti-lock brakes, stability control, airbags all around, LATCH child-seat anchors, and seat belts at all positions. When you go above the ES trim, you get more advanced systems like blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alert, and Lane Change Assist.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Brake Assist
- Traction Control Logic
- Active Stability Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Side curtain airbags
- Front seat-mounted side airbags, Driver’s knee airbag, Advanced dual-stage front airbags
- Adjustable front shoulder belts with pretensioners
- Three-point seatbelts and head restraints for all seating positions
- LATCH child-restraint system
- Child safety rear door locks
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- RISE body construction
Don’t Drop the Potatoes: Follow these tips for taking hot food in the car this holiday season