2020 Cadillac XT6 Gets Platinum Package Instead of Platinum Trim
In a variation on Cadillac’s new trim level strategy, the luxury brand is offering a Platinum Package for the 2020 XT6 crossover instead of a dedicated Platinum model.
The Platinum Package will be offered for both XT6 trims: the Sport and the Premium Luxury.
Customers who opt for the Platinum Package will get these interior appearance features:
- Three rows of semi-aniline leather seating
- Leather-wrapped console, door trim, and instrument panel
- Microfiber sueded headliner
- Premium carpeted floor mats
As a part of the Platinum Package, Premium Luxury models will get a real-time damping suspension chassis and performance suspension. The Sport trim already comes standard with these features.
The Ultimate Luxury SUV: A look at the 2019 Cadillac Escalade
XT6 Platinum Package models will also come equipped with these packages and features:
- Comfort and Air Quality Package with heated second-row seats, ventilated front seats, and in-vehicle air ionizer
- Enhanced Visibility and Technology Package with Automatic Parking Assist, a head-up display, Rear Camera Mirror, Rear Pedestrian Alert, HD Surround Vision, and a Surround Vision Recorder
- Driver Assist Package with Adaptive Cruise Control – Advanced, Automatic Seat Belt Tightening, Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking, and Reverse Automatic Braking
- Cadillac user experience with navigation
- Premium headlamp system
- Security cargo shade
- Choice of two color schemes: Jet Black or Maple Sugar with Jet Black accents
In Cadillac’s Y trim level scheme, Platinum is the next step above Premium Luxury, but not Sport. That would leave out buyers who might want to combine deluxe Platinum features with the Sport trim’s performance-oriented equipment. Offering the XT6 with a Platinum Package instead of in a Platinum trim is a way for Cadillac to offer these features to a wider range of buyers.
Sophisticated City Crossover: The all-new 2019 Cadillac XT4
News Source: Cadillac Society