Ford Global Week of Caring Kicks off This Week
Twenty employees from the Ford South Africa Struandale Engine Plant will spend one day this week turning an average shipping container into a functional soup kitchen in order to feed 500 disadvantaged individuals a week. This will serve as one of the centerpiece actions during the ninth Ford Global Week of Caring.
During Global Week of Caring, Ford volunteers will participate in operations on six continents and contribute a total of 81,000 hours toward worthwhile causes.
More from Ford: 2015 Ford F-150 Gets Streamlined
“Ford Global Week of Caring is one of the many ways Ford and its employees are going further to improve the quality of life for people in the communities where we live and work,” said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. “Ford employees embrace the company’s legacy of caring and the importance of giving back. As Ford expands globally, our commitment to creating a better world grows with it.”
Events for Ford’s Global Week of Caring include a Ford Accelerated Action Day on September 11 in Michigan and Ohio, as well as the following international events:
- Argentina: Install water pipes for rural communities
- Australia: Make repairs at wildlife sanctuary
- Brazil: Renovate children’s nurseries
- China: Clean up coastlines and rivers
- Germany: Build irrigation system at environmental education scenter
- India: Install water purifiers in schools
- Indonesia: Upgrade a sanitation system, install water pump and filter at a school
- Mexico: Remodel orphanages
- Thailand: Install recycled equipment at a school, conduct recycling program
- Vietnam: Paint and repair schools
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.