2018 Dodge Journey Overview
Don’t let the affordable price of the 2018 Dodge Journey convince you that it is lacking in power, technology, or space. The mid-size crossover offers drivers two incredible engines, a four- or six-cylinder, while the available Uconnect 8.4-inch infotainment system keeps drivers seamlessly connected and entertained while on the go. Plus, the 2018 Dodge Journey boasts seating for up to seven passengers as a standard feature, the only crossover to do so.
Helpful Tips: For keeping your car’s interior clean
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Dodge Journey?
The 2018 Dodge Journey has reduced its number of available trims to four — SE, SXT, Crossroad, and GT — all of which are available in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive configurations. Each model features three-rows of seating, and the Journey Crossroad adds stylish drama with “Black Noise” 19-inch aluminum wheels. More exterior enhancements are available on the Journey SE trim with the addition of the Blacktop Package, which equips the crossover with 17-inch aluminum wheels, black roof rails, fascia applique, grille, and Gloss Black exterior mirrors. On the SXT and GT trims, the Blacktop Package adds 19-inch aluminum wheels.
2018 Dodge Journey Photos:
2018 Dodge Journey Exterior
The sleek, sculpted exterior of the 2018 Dodge Journey creates an intimidating presence on the road. The mid-size crossover features the distinct “split crosshair” grille along with dynamic “ring of fire” LED tail lamps, while the available 19-inch aluminum wheels establish an impressive stance.
2018 Dodge Journey Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey SE
- Black power heated exterior mirrors with manual fold-away, Body-color door handles, Automatic headlamps, Halogen quad headlamps, Incandescent tail lamps, Liftgate flood lamp, Bright grille, Non-locking fuel filler cap, Silver mold in-color fascia appliqué
Exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey SXT
- Body-color exterior mirrors with heating element and manual fold-away, Fog lamps, Dodge performance body-color fascias, “SXT” badge
Exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey Crossroad
- Black tail lamp bezels, Driver and passenger lower LED lamps, Front and rear aimable LED lamps, Body-color fascia with platinum chrome, Gloss black grille, Black fascia appliqué, Black headlamp bezels, Black mold-in-color sill with platinum chrome, “Crossroad” badging, Platinum chrome side roof rails
Exterior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey GT
- Dodge performance body-color fascias, Body-color grille, “GT” badge
2018 Dodge Journey Performance
The 2018 Dodge Journey gives drivers two excellent power choices. Standard in the SE, SXT, and Crossroad trims is a 2.4-liter I4 DOHC 16-valve dual VVT engine expertly mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain generates 173 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque. The GT trim boasts a 3.6-liter V6 24-valve VVT engine perfectly mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, which delivers drivers with 283 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Dodge Journey Efficiency
Despite its remarkable power, the 2018 Dodge Journey still maintains notable fuel efficiency. The SE, SXT, and Crossroad earn an EPA-estimated rating of 19 mpg in the city, 25 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined. The high-powered GT earns an EPA-estimated rating of 17 mpg in the city, 25 mpg on the highway, and 19 mpg combined.
2018 Dodge Journey Interior
The 2018 Dodge Journey is well-equipped with ample and versatile space. When the second and third rows are folded flat, a total of 67.6 cubic feet of cargo space is revealed. The Journey boasts smart organization including in-floor storage bins perfect for hiding valuables or taming clutter. Plus, with the available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen, the largest-in-class, drivers are able to easily manipulate information, access navigation tools, and stay connected to their smartphones.
2018 Dodge Journey Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey SE
- Front courtesy/map lights, Glove box lamp, Rear courtesy/reading lamps, Easy entry system seat, Low-back bucket seats, Rear reclining/fold flat seat, Second-row 40/60 tilt and slide seat, Third-row 50/50 fold/reclining seat, Cargo tie-down loops, Full length floor console premium armrest, Second-row in-floor storage bins, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature, Front and rear floor mats, 120-MPH primary speedometer, Premium instrument cluster with display screen, Air filtering, Door sill scuff pads, Driver-side sun visor with mirror, Illuminated cup holders, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, 12-volt center console power outlet, 12-volt DC front and rear power outlets, 4.3-inch touchscreen display, Audio jack input for mobile devices, Remote USB port, Removable short mast antenna, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Six speakers, Radio 4.3
Interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey SXT
- Air conditioning with three-zone temperature control, Rear air conditioning with heater
Interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey Crossroad
- Power six-way driver’s seat with four-way adjustable lumbar, Cargo net, Overhead console, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Premium door trim panel with stitching, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Light gray accent stitching, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Humidity sensor, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, SiriusXM® satellite radio with one-year radio subscription, Uconnect® voice command with Bluetooth®, Uconnect® 3 with 8.4-inch display
Interior features available on the 2018 Dodge Journey GT
- Leather-trimmed seats with perforated panels and red accent stitching, Heated front seats, Dimpled leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, 368-watt amplifier, Six premium Alpine® speakers with subwoofer, Remote start system, Security alarm
2018 Dodge Journey Safety
More than 40 available security features and safety technologies are featured in the 2018 Dodge Journey.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Dodge Journey
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electronic Stability Control
- High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Traction Control
- Trailer Sway Damping
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain airbags in all rows
- Driver inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor System
- Keyless Entry
- Keyless GoTM
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- Front passenger seat belt alert
Check Out: 2018 Dodge Demon preview